My mom asked me today if I had received my May KM yet. I wish I could have been honest and said, "Of course not mom, I don't go to the kingdom hall anymore and haven't set foot in one in over 10 years", but instead I said "Not yet mom, probably tomorrow night". Anyway, she said something about the part where they usually make the announcement about the upcoming summer conventions instead saying something about a "Global Campaign with World Wide implecations". Then she went on to remark how close the government here (USA) was getting along with the Pope this weekend and how fast everything is coming to a head. Any info or comments on this???
Global Campaign with World Wide implecations???
LOL. Every campiagn has "worldwide implications," meaning that for a few weeks a year at any given parking lot or dumpster you can find a crumpled up tract that someone threw away.
Thanks, I haven't navigated through this site enough I guess to find the answers to my own questions. I have just been soooo very screwed over by my upbringing that I can't seem to shake loose from that little nagging voice in the back of my head that scares me with what if's all the time. I am really beginning to think I need counseling.
I haven't navigated through this site enough I guess to find the answers to my own questions.
Now see, if you were back in the Kingdom Hall, a "kindly elder" would have pulled you aside and taught you how to "find your own answers" by using the Watchtower Index.
See what you miss by not attending the meetings?
" that little nagging voice in the back of my head that scares me with what if's.."
Many who come on JWD have made that same comment.
I think when we start to move away from something that we've always been taught to believe we will tend to get a sense of fear from abandoning the safety of that thought.
The key, now, to overcoming your fear of Armageddon/Demons/Elders is to educate yourself and not to be frightened of learning something you weren't expecting.
(1) More wasted gas, time, and paper. People will be hounded to stay out longer, leaving other things to go past due.
(2) Pollution. Many of those wastes of paper will end up as litter or landfill material. CO2 will be put in the air for nothing by witlesses that are doing what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants them to. And more will be added in production of the wastes of paper.
(3) Wastes of trees. Many trees will be cut down for this waste.
(4) Another suspension of regular field circus. Meaning studies will be on hiatus, so they can be hit by apostates and visit apostate web sites. (And hopefully discontinue the studies.)
(5) Mindless stagnation-generating work. No thinking is allowed--at most, a two line presentation and a crapt left. And in the heat or cold, depending on when they are put out.