Thank You !!!!!!!!!!

by Ex-smoker 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Ex-smoker
    Ex-smoker

First off I just want to appologize for my bad grammer it was never one of my strong points. Second i want to say thanks to every one who responded to my first post the advise was great. I was having a convosation with my mom about certain Shaddy history and the idea behind recreation(resurection) when my sister chimed in (she's baptized by the way)with what she thought was a questionable veiw later she(my sis wanted to talk in private and to my surprise she isnt brainwashed. She thought i was Brainwashed because of the front i was putting up to please my parents and me and my sis conected in a way that we never did before.

As i mentioned before prior to my rediscovery of Info about the JW's i had already gotten the baptism ball rolling. Yesterday at the meeting the PO gave me a card with three of the elders on it and the first Bro talked to me and said when are you available to go over the ?s i said next saturday and gave him my #. After ward i told my sis and she said DONT GET BAPTIZED and the i saw the advise from my first post and needless to say i was in a quandry.

So i wanted to back out of this thing but i didnt want to disapoint my dad. I was so anxious that i bought a pack of Cigs, somthing i hadnt done in six months and was digusted with myself. I went to my 12step program for overeaters which is also a problem i contribute to the cult and talked to my frined about what i was going through. And didnt know if i should go through with it just to please my dad and she said the most important thing i heard " you gotta live for you and no one else".

So i throw out the cigs went home watched a lil tv and had a massive headache. My dad could tell i was stressed and asked what was wrong and i told him well the bro PO set up the ?s for baptism for me but the more i think about it the more i relze im doing it just to please you because while i belize a lot of what we teach i still have some doubts. He said you dont have to get baptized jehovah doesnt force so im not going to force you and i love you no matter what, you can take all the time you need. If it hadnt been for the advise here and from my sis i might have gone through with it. I can believe i was almost assimilated.

My only thing now is how do i back out of the ?s with the elders any suggestions?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Tell them that youve been prayerfully contemplating your upcoming baptism and realized that you were not right with Jehovah because you occasionally use tobacco, and you don't want to get disfellowshipped right after baptism. then let them know --and make sure they know -- that you will contact them again when YOU feel you are ready to.

Keep in mind that you are not a member of their "club" yet and if you want to you can tell the elder to get bent and go to hell.

You can be as up-front and direct as YOU want to be.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You really can be as up front as you want to be because you are not baptized yet! But as soon as you take that plunge you open yourself to being shunned by your family if you say or do anything the borg considers wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit