Drug Dealer Gets Caught and Sues The People That Caught Him...

by owenfieldreams 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Unbelievable. But what do you bet we see more and more of this?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/bizarre/5710567.html

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I like the one guys comment "Busted and looking for a loop hole".

hope4others

• yknot
    yknot

Legally I am siding with the student's lawyer.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Same here.

I love catching people slippin' but this was shady as hell.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    I love catching people slippin' but this was shady as hell.

No one made this kid bring drugs onto the school grounds. He was trying to make a quick buck, doesn't makes him and innocent little lamb.It makes him guilty.

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The ends justify the means?

I bet one million dollars there is at least one illegal thing in your house/apartment right now. Something.

And the way I will get you is to come in there, slap you, tie you up, and search your house until I find it. Sounds fun, huh?

There are ways you go about things.

If law enforcement needs paperwork and judges' signatures for things, does it make sense that a principal can do them with nothing? No.

Nothing personal, I'm just sayin'. We are in a period of time where our civil liberties are being taken left and right. Draw a line.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

It looks like the principal in question stole the phone, intercepted a private message, pretended to be the phone's owner and then illegally purchased some marijuana from the student. It looks to me like he has a pretty good case.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

The principal could be busted for soliciting a purchase....even if the intent was noble... it is not legal...they were not working with law enforcement to set up a sting.

Kind of like "To Catch a Predator" on NBC...except that group is working with law enforcement. The principal took the law into their own hands. For that, the kid will go free.

Ethically, should the kid be busted? YES. Legally, should the kid be busted? NO. The kid should go free...but certainly should be, and probably will be, watched.

The kid's suspension should remain because it does not have to be a legal issue to be suspended...it only needs to be against school policy. The kid showed up on school grounds with illegal drugs - a clear violation of school policy. Even a 5 year old that shows up with cough drops these days gets suspended....

just my opinion...

Snakes ()

• brinjen
    brinjen

So she confiscated someone's mobile phone, then the text message came through and jumped out right in front of her? She would have had to have been snooping around in the phone to begin with, which was none of her concern and is a breach of the student's privacy.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I agree good for him. This teacher wanted to be the police but she isn't...even the police wouldn't bother with something like that. You have to have a warrant to even read a confiscated phone's text messages and act on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit