announcment at next week wt?

by yourmomma 8 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

someone told me there is suppose to be some announcement after the wt next week, anyone hear of this?

• changeling
    changeling

Hummm...no, not that I recall...

changeling :)

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Don't know what it is, but the news of a special announcement has been all over the 'net for the last couple of days. The latest rumour 'de jour' is that it involves restructuring the meeting schedule, specifically bookstudies.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Really? An announcement? Whoa. Someone should start a thread or 5.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

- "Really? An announcement? Whoa. Someone should start a thread or 5."

LOL! Special announcements are like a cancer scare on this board. Everyone gets all concerned, and then they find out it's a benign tumor.

• White Dove
    White Dove

1. It gives us something else to make fun of about them.

2. It reassures us that we made the right decision in leaving because they keep changing major teachings. It does reassure me when they do this.

3. Can't think of a 3rd, but reasons always come in 3's, don't they?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

As witnesses, we were always on edge, expecting either a clap of thunder or the earth opening under our feet, heralding the beginning of Armageddon or, alternatively, an announcement from the platform that it had begun.

When I think about it - what a cruel, abusive way to grow up! I didn't know anyone in my real life who grew up with anything like this surreal sci-fi BS. We were never told what Armageddon might really be like - just the fearful pictures and constant fright. Therefore, every bump in the night and flash of lightening could have been the start of Armageddon.

One felt, too, that Jehovah could just destroy capriciously - in His final, blinding rage, mistaking one for a worldly person or not realize that we had been out in field service that week or given a talk, or sat faithfully through the last assembly, without extracurricular trips to the ladies' room. And what if it was a week where we had blown off field service? After all, going by the Bible itself, Jehovah was a bit of a hot-head - slash and destroy first, ask questions later. Actually, now that I think about it, He was kind of a brain-damaged psycho to whom we tried to attribute human, kind, sympathetic and wise qualities, even though all evidence indicated otherwise.

What if He knew that I went to the ladies' room unnecessarily - just to escape boredom, splash water in my face, or what-not? Or that I looked forward to watching Gunsmoke after the service meeting? During the service meeting? Would it be my behavior of the last 12 - 24 hours that sealed my fate? What a way to live, as a child, an adolescent or young adult! It is a wonder that we are not all stark raving nuts!

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

It will be announce that the groups for bookstudy will end.

The book study will be shorter (25m) but in the same meeting of school ministry.

So - One less meeting every week!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are already quite a few speculation threads about this "huge announcement". My top guess is that it is to build up attendance at the boasting session. The "huge announcement" will be another letdown. I predict as many threads started around then about what the letdown was, so you really do not need to actually go to the boasting session. Just come back to this board after the boasting session.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit