Hey guys. I'm a student at UT Arlington in Texas. I am studying to be a teacher and am taking a diversity class. We are required to interview someone who is Jehovah's Witness about what their church's position is on certain issues that arise in school. Could someone help me the best they can? I have called around and tried to talk to local JW churched but no one has helped. So if someone could just answer the questions to the best of their ability according to what they think the JW chuch's position on these issues I would be so thankful. Also if you could give me your first name and the name of the church you go got. We are required to have it, don't worry we won't hunt you down and find you. Please help me!!
Here are the issues:
1.How does your church feel about prayer in school?
2. How does your church feel about teaching evolution in school?
3. How does your church feel about Sex Education in schools?
4. How does your church feel about the possible use of articles from magazines such as In Style and Playboy in the classroom?
5. How does your church feel about short stories and novels that focus on diverse lifestyles being used in the classroom?
6. How does your church feel about unmarried teacher who cohabit with the opposite sex?
7. How does your church feel about homosexual teacher?
8. How does your church feel about pregnant unmarried students attending regular school?
9. How does your church feel about planned parent hood clinics in school?
10. Do you think students should be allowed to express their faith while in school?
11. Do you think students should be allowed to pray together in schools?
12. Is it constitutional to teach about religion in public schools?
13. How should religious holidays be treated in schools?
14. Can teachers have religious objects in their classrooms?
15. May students be excused from parts of the curriculum for religious reasons?
16. May students form religious clubs in public schools?
17. May students wear religious garb and display religious symbols in public school?
18. May students distribute religious literature in the schools?
19. May students be released for off-campus religious instruction during school hours?
20. What is the relationship between religion and character education in public schools?
Please answer what you can. I cannot thank you enough for helping me out.