has anyone seen the movie............

by bigdreaux 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

the god who wasn't there. www.thegodmovie.com

i was just wondering if it was worth checking out.

• Galileo
    Galileo

I haven't seen it, but I know it's vey popular among fans of The Infidel Guy (count me in that group). Anything with Bob Price in it is worth a look.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I think the film is full of bogus references to "experts" but I totally sympathized with the man who stars and directs the film. He was mentally tortured for years that he had possibly sinned against the holy spirit and was damned to roasting eternally in hell. He has a lot in common with the JWs who suffer similar unncessary doctrinal fears like demons, being slaughtered at Armageddon. At the end of the film he goes to the church and is standing by himself in the main sanctuary. Holding the camera pointing to himself, he makes a dramatic statement that will stay with me for a few years. For me that small part made the whole film worth watching.

• aniron
    aniron

It says its "astounding audiences" round the world. Well this is the first I've heard of it not exactly showing at mt local Warner Cinema.

Like many films like this outside the USA they are hardly ever heard of.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I saw it. It is utter nonesense. Anyone with a basic knowlege of biblical scripture can easily refute the points made in this movie. Many Bible texts were downright taken out of context and when "expert" information is quoted as proof, they don't give the sources so you can check it out yourself. Reminded me a lot of the WT. Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit