Oh my, just found out, my grandson, is autistic, daughter has cancer...

by orbison11 30 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

ok, like there is not enough going on in my life now,,,with my shop windows being smashed out 4 times in the last month and i have to pay for them

son, who i found out at xmas, finally called after 18 months, is bipolar,,that his son, of 3 is very autistic, cant even talk,,and my daughter,,the career driven successful better than anyone (hhmm) fell on a cruise ship and found out she has cancer in hip,,,had it in knee as a 12 year old

ok now.......when do i get to have a meltdown

not yet,,going to move to be with them all i think,,,when can i cry,,,i have nobody to cry to but you all

wendy

• nelly136
    nelly136

((((((((wendy))))))))))

• watson
    watson

Rev. 21: 3 and 4

• orbison11
    orbison11

watson,,i looked it up and read it

until then,,what do i do??

wendy

• watson
    watson

That's what has been thrown at me my whole life. It's supposed to bring comfort.

Realistically, my heart goes out to you.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm so sorry, try to take one day at a time, We are here for you!

hugs

hope4others

• justhuman
    justhuman

I can only pray for you that Jesus gives you courrage to hold on...

• jgnat
    jgnat

When life is too much, retreat. Lean. Take it in small bites.

There's so much that has affected you and your family lately that is totally out of your control. So you can feel sad about it, but there's very little you can do. Maybe a comforting hand on your daughter's shoulder. A card, a hug, a smile.

Reduce your life to moments. What can you do now? In the next ten minutes? Do those things. Don't worry about the next ten minutes, the next day or week. Give yourself something small enough to focus on.

The windows, well, that's all in your control. Maybe ask the window man what you can do towards prevention. Or talk to your local beat cop on how you can improve security.

Your son is bipolar. He will have to learn to manage his disease. You will mostly be a spectator to his successes and failures. I think the most you can offer is a little encouragement when he makes a smart choice.

Your grandson is autistic. He will have a heroic life as he learns to relate to his confusing world. Though he may never recognize your efforts, you can cheer him on from the sidelines.

Your daughter, well, she needs the hug and the smile. But her battle is essentially her own. It sounds like she knows how to overcome. This battle may defeat her, but I suspect she will go down fighting. Gosh, I hate cancer.

Boy oh boy, I think you need your own wailing wall. Do you have a girlfriend nearby?

• Casper
    Casper

(((((Hugs)))) to you Wendy,

So much piling up at one time... I hope you feel comfortable enough here, to just let it all out, when it becomes too much.

So many here are willing to listen and let you know we care.

One day at a time, is the best any one can do....

Cas

• chickpea
    chickpea

i got a card once, that i have had longer than i have had some of my kids.....

the front: a good mother never quits

inside: never EVER

it is a stark reality that i think every "good" mother knows and tries to live up to... but were there to be fine print, i think it might say...... sometimes you have to get used to feeling like sh!t privately so you can continue to be the mother to suffering children......

to paraphrase a line in " a team of their own"..... it isnt supposed to be easy.... if it were easy, every one could be a good mother.....

i feel for you, mate..... mind that you tend to your needs in all this..... the "pre-flight safety talk" always says " in the unlikely event of a loss of cabin pressure, oxygen masks will drop from overhead.... BE SURE TO PUT YOURS ON FIRST before you offer assistance to those requiring it"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit