WT - Learn a lesson from the Pope... (apology for sex scandals)

by Confucious 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

WT...

You think you can learn something from this Pope?

At least he's stepping up to the plate and addressing this stuff in his visit to America.

Or what? There's no problem in the WT??

Oh that's right... it's the victim's fault.

Oh.. my bad...

Confucious

• horrible life
    horrible life

I heard this also, and thought the same thing, on the way home from work. The Pope met with some of the victims, and offered them his condolences, or apologies, (can't remember which) and prayed with them, and offered them hope, and a return to the Catholic Church.

Why would the WT apologize? They won't even admit what they are doing is wrong. Jehovah is telling them what to do.

Makes me attracted to the Catholics God. He seems much more of my liking.

• flipper
    flipper

CONFUCIUS- Very good thread. I wish the Watchtower society would learn - but I feel they have too much pride to ever admit to doing anything wrong . They are way too much into saving face not only to the public, the media, but also their mind controlled members

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That goes to show what happens when a major problem develops in the religion. In the Catholic church, they eventually exhaust their tolerance for it and make a public apology for it. The witlesses pretend it's the victims' fault and do nothing.

And that isn't the first time they had a major scandal. The first time was the First Dark Ages. When the Catholic church was involved, they had major trouble enforcing it in outlying areas like Asia. People in China, India, and the Arabic region were not hounded or hunted like in Europe, and were free to develop science. And eventually the Catholic church gave up on it.

If the witlesses develop the Second Dark Ages, it is going to be permanent. They will stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it. And they will go after the whole earth, including places like China, Siberia, Antarctica, and the deserts in Africa and Australia. With everyone in striking distance for stoning to death, there is absolutely no Renaissance hope. And the witlesses will blame the victims, stoning them to death, if they complain.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Such things don't happen in Jehovah's pure organization! Or if they do, the elders "properly" handle it. The apostates are spreading lies, lies I tell you.

• blondie
    blondie

Statement by Joelle Casteix of Newport Beach CA, SNAP southwestern regional director (949 322 7434)
    We see this as a small, positive first step on a very long road, and we're confident the meeting was meaningful for the participants and we're grateful that these victims have had the courage to come forward and speak up.

But fundamentally it won't change things. Kids need action. Catholics deserve action. Action produces reform and reform, real reform, is sorely needed in the church hierachy.

Some talk is OK. A meeting is better. Decisive reform is crucial.

We do vulnerable children a severe disservice if we set extraordinarily low expectations for a brilliant, experienced, powerful global leader like the Pope.

In the Gospel of Luke, we're told "To whom much is given, much is expected." The Pope has been given the reins of a vast, wealthy, powerful global monarchy. He must use those reins to safeguard the vulnerable.

We cannot confuse words - even sincere, eloquent ones - with deeds. The stakes are too high.
    (SNAP, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, is the nation's oldest and largest support group for clergy abuse victims. We've been around for 17 years and have more than 8,000 members across the country. Despite the word "priest" in our title, we have members who were molested by religious figures of all denominations, including nuns, rabbis, bishops, and Protestant ministers. Our website is SNAPnetwork.org)
    Contact David Clohessy (314-566-9790 cell, 314-645-5915 home), Barbara Blaine (312-399-4747), Barbara Dorris (314-862-7688), Mary Grant (626-419-2930), Mark Serrano (703-727-4940)

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

He also commented about the US and its record of
    racism, discrimination, etc. towards blacks and indians
    (I have both ancestries).

• Confucious
    Confucious

Even though I don't believe in the Catholic religion - I tell you, I respect this Pope.

How can there ever be any healing unless mistakes are addressed and apologized for?

I know it is beyond some of us here to ever go back to the WT, but how refershing would it be for them to apolgize for all the harm they've done.

And how refreshing would it be for them to say... "Not sure if this is the truth, not sure if it was ever was the truth...but come back and join this brotherhood because some of the witnesses here are good people that are just trying their best to live a good life and please God. Lets try together."

Shame on the WT.

How I wish, the WT would say what this Pope said... something to the effect that you were raped physically and SPIRITUALLY.

How refershing that would be.

Are you listing Anthony Morris? I know you well and you know me.

I know you to be a good man. Do the right thing now that you are in power.

Learn from the Pope. Please.

Confucious

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

confucious, thanks for the thread.

I was going to start the same one, but di dnot have any time.

amen!

next time the watchtower conductor at my hall does his (approx 2 times a meeting) catholic bashing.... I wish I could have enough guts to tell him to clean his own laundry first!

• sf
    sf

WT - Learn a lesson from the Pope.

As in covering it all up? Yes, WT learned that lesson well from CC/Pope (thx blondie):

Pope 'led cover-up of child abuse by priests'

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit