Have they changed the Everlasting Life theory?

by unique1 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unique1
    unique1

My friend (disfellowshipped) was talking to her brother-in-law who is still very much in the truth. I will preface this with the fact that I have known him my whole life and he has never been the brightest light bulb so maybe he is wrong on this count. He told her she needed to start coming back to meetings. She replied "Why? I have no desire to live in a paradise forever and that is the only reason that you can give me for going." To which he replied "Oh, we don't believe life in the paradise will be forever anymore, it will just be a longer time than we are used to so it will seem everlasting but we will still die again." She asked me about it and I haven't been super regular to the board but I hadn't heard that. Anyone else hear anything like that?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Haven't heard a thing.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I remember when I was first studying with an elder on the Knowledge Book. We got to talking about Paradise Earth and I asked him, "Could we die in the New System?" and he said, "Yes, but it will be up to Jehovah to resurrect that person again." So, in a nutshell, if you are a clumsy JW and you fall off a mountain or something ... you'll die and MAYBE you'll get resurrected again.

That made absolutely no sense. I should have walked away.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have noticed that the "everlasting life on a paradise earth" doctrine is the only thing that has been stable (at least since they split off the heavenly hope and created the earthly hope).

What I have heard is that people will not die (at least not naturally). And, since one will be perfect, clumsiness will be done away with as all other imperfections. The only way anyone will die then will be if they sin, at which time death will be instantaneously (I guess that means the next person to go to Starbucks will get destroyed instantly for taking time out from field circus). Theoretically, a person could stumble and get killed. But Jehovah will [supposedly] keep people from getting killed in freak accidents by controling things to prevent them.

Somehow, none of it makes sense. That takes absolutely all free will away from mankind. They will have to give up thinking and exploring, since anything not expressly permitted will be forbidden. Even if people grow to physical and spiritual perfection, they will be so stagnant that they will not want to live forever. Some will probably sin on purpose to get out of such a miserable life. Anyone that thinks will realize that the cost of living (and not the money cost, but the hassle, work, and stagnation) will exceed any benefit (which will all go to Jehovah, leaving their personal benefit approaching zero). Hence, the only rational thing to do would be to commit suicide, and many will in fact do just that. For sure, that is not the kind of life I am willing to give up all fun for.

• watson
    watson

I would say he is pushing about 15 watts.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    "Why? I have no desire to live in a paradise forever and that is the only reason that you can give me for going." To which he replied "Oh, we don't believe life in the paradise will be forever anymore, it will just be a longer time than we are used to so it will seem everlasting but we will still die again."

WARNING: THIS BORG UNIT IS DEFECTIVE. IT MUST REPORT TO ELDER BORG UNITS FOR INCREASED MEETING/SERVICE/SELF-INDOCTRINATION REPAIR PROGRAM. REASON: NONCOMPLIANCE WITH BASIC DOCTRINE IS A MALFUNCTION.

alt

• 5go
    5go
    WARNING: THIS BORG UNIT IS DEFECTIVE. IT MUST REPORT TO ELDER BORG UNITS FOR INCREASED MEETING/SERVICE/SELF-INDOCTRINATION REPAIR PROGRAM. REASON: NONCOMPLIANCE WITH BASIC DOCTRINE IS A MALFUNCTION.

How did that little free thought algorithm get through the Borg scans ?

Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!

Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!Resistance is Futile!

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    How did that little free thought algorithm get through the Borg scans ?

It must be some sort of aberration. Perhaps the unit has been having too much free time to read literature not produced by the Borg Body?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit