Catholic Church has paid out over 2 BILLION.......

by nomoreguilt 6 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

On the ABC Evening News tonight, it was said that the catholic Church has paid out over $ 2 Billion in settlements to over 5,000 victims of sexual abuse by priests.

Do you suppose that perhaps the WTBTS will approach that figure? Either in payouts or in the number of cases that are reported??

NMG

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It doesn't seem likely, just due to the difference in scale between catholicism and JWs.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Wow!!!

And we thought McCartney sex was expensive = $33,000 per day ovwr 4yrs ( I suspect he paid for love = what are women???)

2000, 000, 000

= $1million a day over 7years

Maybe the church should hire in some lovin? What's the problem with human body on body?? Amazing really! A human DISGRACE that it is IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pseattle2
    pseattle2

On the ABC Evening News tonight, it was said that the catholic Church has paid out over $ 2 Billion in settlements to over 5,000 victims of sexual abuse by priests.

Do you suppose that perhaps the WTBTS will approach that figure? Either in payouts or in the number of cases that are reported??

Maybe on a per-victim basis, but not straight-up. There are far less JWs in the world than Catholics.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Lets see, roughly 1 billion Catholics and 2 billion in payouts = $2 for every single Catholic. Roughly 7 million JWs and around 14 million in the most recent payout (rounding up slightly but not including other smaller payouts), so $2 for every single JW.

I would guess that JWs will probably pass up Catholics on a per member basis soon since many of the Catholic cases have been handled yet there are still many JW cases in the pipeline.

• Gayle
    Gayle

If the Catholic Church has 1 billion members and there have been 5,000 victim pedofile lawsuits,,with that ratio of 1 million JWs there's a possibility of 35. At that rate, there have already been about half that recently of JW related pedofile lawsuits. I think JWs will have much higher rate.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Correction: meant 7 million JWs on previous post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit