Lil sister just called..

by *Incubus 9 Replies latest jw friends

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

I just got off the phone with Firefox.She wanted to tell me she wouldnt be calling me anymore.Her boyfriend has her convinced that she should stay a witness "just in case".

I told her that I loved her whether she was a witness or not.Im always here for her.I cant and wont judge her.Ever.

She hung up on me crying.

DAMN IT!

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

The very same thing happened to me back in July, but my sister never would have joined a discussion group like this. However, over the months, she has come around a teeny bit. She has sent me a letter, called me, and accepted a call from me. It's not nearly what I want, but I'll take what I can get. She's the most important person on this earth, to me.

Give her some time. If she had enough doubts to join JWD, she still has them.

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

I hope so.Thanks for the encouragement.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Drop the JW conversations but keep the door open. Only discuss religion if she starts it.

Send her a card once in awhile.

Eventually she may come around.

Sorry you are sad today.

-Aude.

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Thanks Aude.

Ive actually been feeling loads better this last week.Took some advice I was given on that abuse thread and finally confronted a lot of things.I really appreciate everyone that took the time to share their experiences and thoughts with me.

My sister will figure it out.She s enamoured and thats her weakness.I just hope he doesnt hurt her.He might be missed.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Aww, your a great sister and I am sure she will come around...we all have to find our way!

MMO

• Nowman
    Nowman

Hang in there! I know it is so hard...

I have posted this note a long time ago, back in 99 I think, my mom contacted me after 7 years of not seeing each other, she wanted to see me so bad, little did I know that my dad had a huge problem with this (note, they were JWs) when he found out. The day before I was to go see her, she bought me tickets, she left me a message at work saying that she wanted to cancel the trip because she felt too guilty having me come out to see her. She was crying on the phone and told me to take care and that she loves me. I was devastated.

A year later, my mom divorced my dad, and left the org, DFd. We reunited in 2000. You never know, stand tall.

Nikki

• free2think
    free2think

That sucks Incubus, im sorry.

Hang in there, hopefully some of what she has found out will sink in.

• potleg
    potleg

Incubus, What you said was perfect. You sound like a fantastic person. Just keep on being reasonable, loving and open and hopefully your sister will cone around.

• *Incubus
    *Incubus

Thanks so much (((all)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit