Sound familiar?

by JimmyPage 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

My wife's brother recently went to Costa Rica to vacation and to visit their fleshly sister. He is a pioneer. When he got back a group of their pioneer friends got together. One of them asked, "Why did you go to Costa Rica?" Another butted in and said, "To preach! To preach!" My wife knew that wasn't the case but her brother didn't correct the wrong assumption. Instead he basked in the attention and the exaltation of his "spiritual sacrifice".

On the surface he and his wife look exemplary as they both pioneer. But being in this family I know that in reality he never even wanted to pioneer but was badgered into it by his wife. She wanted to learn a foreign language but he had no interest in it really. They are always being used in meeting and assembly parts for their "wonderful example". Just curious- what stories can you relate that are similar to this?

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Ya know = I am in awe at those whoe seem to do such things as a way of life as ifit's wht life is all about = poularity showdown!.

Weirdly it's incredible how if you act like you see this and hint suchlike to anyone they see you as jealous or attempting the same or whateva.

Reality is very puzzling!

My take is some truly treat popularity like a whole life game of poker = stay in the game and keep winning is a way of life and a daily pastime!

Their conversations seem to be about what cards others may have in the whole 'popuarity stakes'. The idea sucks which kinda means I dont really believe what I just wrote but it does fit the observation very well.

To many including me - big time - it's about being hoest with your soul to each other!

So why am I alone??? Maybe I'm utterly wrong about everything and family I have are in it for the right reasons!

Most peculiar! Still I'd rather be me and commit suicide than be one of them and popular = ???? True story!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I knew a pioneer couple that used to vacation twice per year. Once in the Bahamas for a week and again in New York City for another week. Turns out they were connecting with folks from their old SWINGERS network for a, "Same Time Next Year" little fling....LOL I am sure this was approved behavior!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

don't you just hate that phrase - "fleshly sister?" What a barbaric JWism.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know of one family (a prominent witless family, where everyone is a regular pioneer and the father is a hounder) that goes to Italy sometimes. And, of course their main entertainment is to go out in field circus. What a waste of a trip to Italy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit