Similarities between JW leadership and totalitarian org.

by Bugbear 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Similarities between, JW:ism, Stalinism, Putinism, and Mullahism, Popeism and Maoism.

All these leaders has been elected by un elite group controlling big values in form of real estate, bank account, enthusiastic “voluntary” working task forces, almost willingly to die “for their leaders”.

The workers (slave class), is never ever supposed to question the leaders decisions.

If the elected top leader, (instead of god), fails to increase the elite groups intentions with regard to money, real estate, and numbers of people within the slave class, he will be “taken away” with very brutal or harsh methods.

The real truth about the organization and how they came into power must with all means be gagged down and never ever be revealed to their members.

All information about economy, assets, secret service capacity, and control over the masses are hidden and only available to the top leaders.

All negative information are stopped or hushed, and the members are not supposed to speak amongst them about it.

All new light is only coming from the leaders controlled inform channels. And every other informal channel are strictly forbidden, for the members to listen to or take a part of. If they do so they prefer to stay anonymous or undercover.

Is there anyone who can find even more similarities? I would like to add also new Ideas about these kinds of leadership, to an essay I am working on..

Bugbear

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Is there anyone who can find even more similarities? I would like to add also new Ideas about these kinds of leadership, to an essay I am working on..

Bugbear, are you submitting this essay somewhere? Are you writing it for a particular reason/venue/class?

:)

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

I am only preparing for an University Essay (30 p.) to be published when finished. Dont know when.

Bugbear

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    I am only preparing for an University Essay

Okay. :)

For which university class? Sociology? Political Studies?

Have you been introduced to Michel Foucault? His analysis of power and how power is maintained by the structure of the panopticon is vital to understanding the nature of political leadership and how totalitarian regimes emerge.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Yes I have red Michel Foucault. In fact he was a french teacher in Uppsala University, before he went to Sorbonne in Paris where i wrote his famous thesis. Its a pity that we couldn´t have this published in Uppsala. I must however admit that I didn´t understood much of his reason...

My mainly subjecs is whitin the area of History on Ideas and science and Theoretical philosofy. I haven´t even yet achived my PhD, but was thinking that I would like to finished that before I die. (I am almost 70 years of age!?)

Thanks for tipping me

Bugbear

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Bugbear - About Foucault. His metaphor of the panopticon power structure is one of my favorite ways to conceptualize political power relationships and positioning.

Your list is comprehensive. Something that might add to your exploration are the similarities concerning the use of 'rules' and the consequences for breaking the rules.

Within each politco-cultural group that you mention, the more totalitarian the regime, the more 'micro-managed' it becomes. Stringent and numerous rules, sometimes ones that make little sense, are put in place - like a net around the power base - and the consequences for those who get caught in the net, become more dire as the control tightens.

*to add - the rules act as the cell walls in the panopticon - the rules serve to divide and keep the 'inmates' under control

Good luck with your Phd - I wouldn't mind getting one of those before I die, too. :) I could then change my name to Dr. Crow. Lol!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A more accurate description of the WTS would be an "authoritarian regime". Even they themselves would be hard-pressed to deny the label.

Totalitarian regimes are more overtly militaristic (not that the WT isn't militant in it's own way).

• DJS
    DJS

The difference between a Totalitarian regime and the Borg is that one of them is a regime based on subordination of the individual and strict control of all aspects of the life and productive capacity of the individual especially by coercive measures.

While the other one operates out of cities such as Pyongyang and Riyadh.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Vidiot

god point "authoritarian regime" lol

buggis

• Chook
    Chook

I think there is a job waiting for the magic seven in North Korea .Only if they get a kimmy haircut big Tony can arrange dress code

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit