Meds & Vitamins

by LouBelle 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

So I was going through my bag, pulling out the pills and vitties I take every day and it amounts to quite a bit.

Every day I have to take 3 medicated pills: Ecotrin - thins the blood. Eltroxin & Dyroxin to stimulate my thyroid.

Every day I take: 4 fibre tablets (different times of the day) 1 Supradin vitamin in the morning to get me going, 1 sachet bioplus mid morning to keep me going and a berocca effervescent tablet in the late afternoon to round the day off.

My grand total of: 10 a day.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

In my bag:

Septogard (homeopathic antibiotic), Acc200 fizzy tabs (get rid of phlegm), Migraine Cocktail (just in case), Cal C Vita Fizzy tabs, Viral Choice, Panadoes

OK - I have been sick - but that is just embarassing!

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

In my bag I have my Vent eez for asthma that's all! At home I have Septogard just incase I get the sniffles, it's very good stuff! I take Eltroxin every day too Loubelle. So I have something in common with both of you. Now if you look at hand bags and make up .... well that's another story altogether.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I don't keep med's in a bag, perhaps that's the term you use.

But anyways A.m. I just make a protein drink, mixed as a fruit smoothly. I share with hubby so for two

it is.

3 scoops protein mix(one with amino acids ultra lean formula)
    3-4 ice cubes
    1 cup frozen fruit (its winter)
    2-3 cups vanilla rice milk depending on how thick you want it.
    2 tablespoons of organic flax seed oil
    Put in a blender/that also crushes ice

Smoothies really fill you and tastes great, you can add sugar if you must.

And last a good quality multi with high B's in it.

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

"In my bag" ... that is my handbag

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

To get out of eventually taking even a single pharmaceutical, I take daily:

*Alpha lipoic acid. Supposed to be really good for the liver, and to help prevent diabetes and heart disease.

*Astragalus. Works to strengthen the immune system (so does alpha lipoic acid).

*Minerals--including extra magnesium, selenium, and kelp for iodine.

*B complex, eith extra folic acid, pantothenic acid, and PABA.

*Beta carotene

*Animal vitamin A

*Vitamin C--4,000 mg a day

*Vitamin E--natural, 800 IU/day

Zinc

Extra choline and inositol.

And, not even one pharmaceutical pill.

• *summer*
    *summer*

I have a very small bag of goodies:-)

My daily intake is...

Synthroid {yes, good old thyroid acting up}
    Multivamin
    Calcium with D plus Minerals
    Glucosamin & Chondroitin
    Omega3 joy

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I usually take a one mutivitamin a day in addition to a B-complex supplement and essential Omega-3 fatty acid capsules. I try to eat right but dont always and I do smoke in the evenings after work but hopefully taking some measures by taking vitamins and supplements help.

LRG

• BrentR
    BrentR

37 but only one med. I take the entire spectrum of minerals, antioxidants, superfoods, EFA's and vitamins. I can afford them, have no side affects and have had great health with only one exception. My game plan is to not get the same deficiency related problems the my parents and grandparents had to deal with at a very early age.

Health is one of those things that if you ignore it it will go away.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am pretty sick and I take way too many meds for a person of my 46 years. Let's see who in my age group can top this list:

Lantus, Regular Insulin, Celebrex, Tramadol, Lipitor, Diltiazem, Imdur, Duetact, Wellbutrin, Albuterol Sulfate, Ipratropium Bromide , Nitroglycerine, Proair Inhaler, Gabapentin, Advair, Prevacid, plus a once a day multivitamin, and assorted natural supplements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit