I hope the JWs are paying attention

by lavendar 8 Replies latest jw friends

• lavendar
    lavendar

The news stations are reporting on the West Texas Orthodox LDS sect compound and the atrocities that have been taking place there. The sect tells its adherants that "anyone on the outside is of the devil". Also, the sect has previously predicted the end of the world. These are just two of the many hallmarks of a religious cult.

Lurking Witnesses -- do you see the similarities? I hope you do.......

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how many times the Mormons have predicted the end of the world, or if they are going at it as if it were continually a few months ahead. The witlesses are doing just that--the past two years have featured events that insinuate that the end was about to happen (I remember that laughable tract NR37 campaign from 2006 that was supposed to have started the Great Tribulation).

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I was thinking the same thing.

Polygamy doesn't necessarily have to be the ingredient that sends a group into reclusivity. It could be, oh I don't know, maybe that the preaching work is done and wild beast is poised to attack. If the Dubs walk down that path, it will only raise suspicions and make authorities start looking for something. And, once they start looking they WILL find something to pursue. Who knows what it could be? But they will find something. Money laundering comes to mind.

It will be interesting to see what transpires over the next few years.

Cheers to all,

Alex

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I talked with my wife's jw family about the crap going on in Texaas with that other cult. They actually feel blessed to be, "Under the guidance and protection of the fds!" The jw's seem to be truly blind. I hope the lurkers on here can open their eyes and see where this cult has the potential of leading them.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

THing is Dubs, in there opinion,dont take it to that extreme. Dubs stand on the fence of attaining true cult status. All of the makings are there but they never quite cross the line.

Sadly that creates a unique conundrom in its adhearants. Dubs can claim divine guidance and point to the end of the world, but the fact they dont fall into the same trap that most cults do it creates a sense of comfort and belief in its false promises.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw
    Lurking Witnesses -- do you see the similarities?

Of course they don't. They have the "troof" and it doesn't apply to them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If they are lurking here - then maybe they are starting to pay attention. Who knows?

But in general - No Way!

I lived thru three major cult tragedies in my Jw career that I remember. Jonestown, Waco, and the Hale Bopp Comet suicides. Never did any dub I knew make any kind of connection with the Jw's. None. Zip. Nada.

You have to begin to suspect that something is drastically wrong first. Most of them are wearing full blinders.

Jeff

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Heaven's Gate is what got me to thinking. When I saw all of their video's before they committed suicide, I had an AHA moment.

• MsBHaving
    MsBHaving

The news stations are reporting on the West Texas Orthodox LDS sect compound and the atrocities that have been taking place there. The sect tells its adherants that "anyone on the outside is of the devil". Also, the sect has previously predicted the end of the world. These are just two of the many hallmarks of a religious cult.

Lurking Witnesses -- do you see the similarities? I hope you do.......

Thats all I could think of when I see this on the news, how familiar this sounded

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit