LDS-New leader invites all former members to return to the fold.

by Thechickennest 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I read on AOL today that the Morman church is inviting former members to return to the church. Food for thought....would former Jehovah's Witnesses return to the organization if the invintation would be extended from the society? Would you go back if being disfellowshipped or disassociated was not an issue any longer? What is going on at LDS aside from new leadership? I would not go back to the congregation under any circumstances, yet perhaps some would....Any thoughts?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Would you go back if being disfellowshipped or disassociated was not an issue any longer?

Huh? That would be a classic example of the "dog returning to its own vomit"

• Gayle
    Gayle

The Mormons allow for "jack" Mormons. They don't have to go back and be shunned at their church. They have a more acceptance attitude. JWs require 100%+ or they are 'marked' or something.

• Superslave
    Superslave

"A dog returning to it's own vomit"

That's so funny!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Its like returning to a divorced partner because they changed their underwear!

Not really what its all about!

The whole holistic infrastructure is what has you in a head lock and cardiac arrest!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Would you go back

Not even if it were the last religion on earth.....

hope4others

• auxillaryapostate
    auxillaryapostate
    That would be a classic example of the " dog returning to its own vomit.'

Could not have said it any better.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The LDS leaders are smart. They know that even if ex-Mormons will not come back fully and exercise their faith like they "should," many of them would support the religion in other ways due to the social benefits involved.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Crawling back into the womb from which I emerged sounds more attractive, and mind you that's just too yucky a thought!! Why return to playing with tiny plastic toys in four foot square sand box once you've explored the world? carme.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

R.Crusoe mentioned

a head lock and cardiac arrest!

Too funny. And true

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit