Well...at least it's helped with my writing block

by feenx 0 Replies latest jw friends

• feenx
    feenx

I've had some definite writers block when it comes to prose. Partly because of this book I'm working on, partly because of life itself. I haven't written anything that I like in a while. And then this morning at work BOOM, there it was. I spat it out in about 15 minutes. It's just a first draft, so go easy on me grammar people ;)

Anyways, just thought I'd share it, another way to let myself be heard :)

My working title is "I Stand Alone"
    I stand alone Atop my mountain Years of one step at a time To get to this peak
    Thousands of feet of climbing Now one step to go One step to be free One step to fall On my way down all the world to see
    I stand alone My parachute Full of my life's journeys On my back
    Can it save me Catching my fall, Or will I let this climb continue to destroy me Never being whole?
    One foot foreword One step of self trust The ultimate test Of my self earned strength
    Will this parachute of my past make me fly, Or will this weight of pain I've carried up this mountain Make me fall?
    Once more step Will I take it?
    One more step Will I continue to only imagine it?
    This unseen force Is pulling me down
    Is it my past life and current pain Or is it my fear, Of trusting myself enough to jump Off this cliff?
    I stand alone On this mountain One step To my future
    I stand alone On this mountain Dead inside Betrayed and slaughtered
    I stand alone Questioning Do I have the strength? Do I have the will, To resurrect myself?
    I stand alone Sewing the broken pieces of myself Back together
    Like Frankenstein's monster Stiff, unsure and angry I yearn to be whole
    One more step And we shall see
    I stand here alone Asking Will I fly? Or will I take my final fall?
    One more step...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit