Brother vs Sister Committee Mtg

by ItsJustMe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Am I reading the elders manual correctly? A husband is expected to be involved in his wife's committmee meeting but there is no mention of a wife being involved in the husband's.

Is this what our experiences were like? I know my husband was pulled into mine at the end of the meeting for the "verdict".

----------------

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

It's my understanding that a husband has a right to find out every gory detail of what his wife has done but if the husband is in a committee meeting the only thing she gets to know is what her husband decides to devuldge to her.
    He can lie to her and the elders will not break the confidence with the husband and tell her the truth.She's at her husbands mercy.
    This always disgusted me.

Ranchette

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Yup ItsJustMe same expereince!

I was not able to sit in on my husband's Judicial Committee but he was able to sit in on mine. I did have a problem with this.

But, I had more of a problem with the fact that I had been dragged in there little over 3 months pregnant. These men (two of whom are virgins, let alone "family" men) expected to be able to judge my frame of mind to accertain whether or not I was repentant. My hormones and emotions, as you can imagine, were all over the place!

Add to that - the fact that my husband at the time was drinking, smoking, going to night clubs - and had been counselled several times on this. I hadn't. I behaved myself and stayed in. And yet, I was tarred with the same brush. His behaviour indicated to them that he wasn't repentant and so they chucked me out too for good measure.

Bloody glad they did really. My son won't grow up as brain dead as I did!

Elders don't like women with brains, especially if they are connected to the mouth. Don't you agree?

• ChimpGirl
    ChimpGirl

Yup,us weaker vessels remain subordinate to our Lords and Masters even if they are in deep doodoo with the Mighty Elders; what place have we in men's business? Hell, we might make them uneasy be demonstrating emotion! And our husbands should not be put to shame in front of our inferior eyes!

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

It is really a good thing I didn't know about this double-standard when I was in this situation.

They would have df'd me for my rebellious attitude, because I would certainly have refused having my husband there in that case.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

While we're on the subject ---- the whole only men can be teachers idea I can live with, but what about the other tasks only JW brothers can do? I.e - hold microphones, work at the literature counter, etc.

I feel my Irish rising. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Don't start me on issues of male domination.

I know that this may be straying from the topic a little but..according to the Society:

Apparently, men are superior to women because they have a penis and because they have brains and women don't. That leads me to wonder where these men are keeping their brains. Explains a lot really...

Please understand, male freinds of this forum that I am merely expressing the views of the Society as I see them. I realise that I am not expressing the attitude of human males in general!! (please don't hate me!).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit