Will apostates be mourned?

by MissingLink 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Hey Gang.

My wife got an emotionally blackmailing letter from her mother in which she said "I will be very sad if you and the grandkids aren't with me in paradise".

It was my understanding that in paradise "the former things would not come to mind" and "death and mourning would be no more". I've been searching the Watchtower CD but can't find anything on this to show her that she has nothing to worry about. I want to show her that her cult teaches that she'll have forgotten us, and not be sad at all.

Anyone?

• dinah
    dinah

My mother once told me, she would be happy to get there even if everyone she really loved (me, my Dad, her Dad all her sisters and brothers, their kids, their kid's kids........) wasn't there with her. She said it with a really sad tone. It was just a Momma guilt trip trying to make me go back.

• flipper
    flipper

MISSING LINK - Perhaps your wife should turn the tables and say to Mom , " I'm sorry you aren't with my husband , me and my children right now ! " The witnesses really live way too much for the future- while forgetting about how to act properly in the present ! But- I don't know your circumstance with your wife's relationship with her mom , so it may be a case of what you want to say as opposed to what you better say . Just my 2 cents ! Good luck with it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.watchtower.org/e/dg/article_10.htm

The caring God declares: "I am creating new heavens [a new heavenly government over mankind] and a new earth [a righteous human society]; and the former things will not be called to mind, neither will they come up into the heart. But exult, you people, and be joyful forever in what I am creating." "The whole earth has come to rest, has become free of disturbance. People have become cheerful with joyful cries."— Isaiah 14:7 ; 65:17, 18 .

this isnt used in the context of dead rellies but i'm pretty sure they use the same kind of reasoning for the armageddon rejects.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for that. Also found Rev 21:4. A article with the point would still be appreciated.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Dinah - that is weird!!

I have never felt that!

I always felt I would be happy to help my kids get there even if I couldnt make it!

Weird how each of us are programmed completely differently and what you say reminds me of some family I know = they are utterly out to get all they can and see others with less or nothing in all manner of ways = I don't understand them!

• dinah
    dinah

It is weird.

That's the decision I unconsciously made when I was a teen. What is the point of living if everyone you love will be dead??? Jehovah loves you, but check everyone at the door.

The only JW in my family was my DOM mother and my great-grandmother who was a BIATCH--seriously she was hateful. If I didn't love my Mom so much I would leave her to the "congregation" and see how well they take care of her when she cant take care of herself. But I've seen how that works.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Another way they like to have it both ways. It will be sad if the children are not there because they turn apostate (putting the guilt on the children), and yet they will not be missed and there will be no sadness. Only one of those can possibly be true.

What would be sad would be if the children waste their whole lives in some cult, and end up dying without fulfilling any useful purpose. They don't have children because the hounders keep busting up any marriage potential. And, worse would be if one (and it only takes one) joins the Value Destroyer Training School, gets (and accepts) all billion assignments, and successfully brings enough people into the cancer to allow them to start the world into the Second Dark Ages. That would be far sadder than any one of them turning apostate and getting destroyed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit