Void of Fear!

by R.Crusoe 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

See if you can retrace as far back in life as you can remember!

List fears that controlled you as a person growing up and into adulthood - which you now think of as nonsense!

I was scared to visit the toilet in the night and used to race from my bed to the bathroom and back again! I had an image in my head of a monster waiting in the dead of night for me to need to go but who could only grab me in the darkness between my bedroom and the light of the bathroom! It was a reality I lived with for years! How weird!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

I don't remember any fears like that as a child. However move to my late teen and early twenty's and the floodgates open.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe imprinted by old horror films/ fairy srories and parent ghost philanderings - but very real and likely a shadow psychology of an afterlife hellfire in a whole holism in my head fabricated and imaginary and non existent in reality respecting things to cause me personal harm!

Everyone has some story! Telling its detail is less than instinctive! Usually coupled with an inner reluctance and that makes me wonder about why so many of us have that as a reality?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I used to have nightmares about being kidnapped. I was really mama-dependent when i was a wee lad, and had big separation issues that persisted into late childhood.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

DTM: Any child will likely be 'someone' dependent due to our species very nature!

Interesting point!

My recollection as far as I can fathom:

Dependency on mother due to time exposure being the narural course but utter dysfunction because I never 'connected' with her thoughts - plus - emotionally dependent on dad for validation of me as an individual but time exposure 'co-dependency' emotions due to minimal time with him working 7 days a week prior to his death when I was 11!

Whatever I did to succeed was always to please my dead father and do what he would have done or in his 'spirit' as far as my preteen image of him could evaluate !

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I remember having nightmares from a very young age about being thrown into concentration camps for being JW's.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Because I was not born in, I missed out on most of the demon fears and the fears of the world when I was little. And I don't remember any consistent, irrational fears I had then.

However, I did have things I dreaded without being aware of the reason. And going to church was one of those things, starting when I was a little more than 9. I was apprehensive about going to church, and relieved when we did not immediately start going (we had just moved). I could not stand all the artifacts of being Christian, and proclaimed myself more or less atheist. The one time I was threatened with church, I acted up and then went down stairs and locked the door (taking the key with me). They had to waste an hour buying another one, and I got a spanking (but I missed church that day).

Had I only knew Jesus' true message at that time, most of that apprehension would have been avoidable. Possibly my right brain was starting to integrate the real meaning of religion and I was not consciously aware of it? I guess that's one more reason the Watchtower Society is going to start demonizing that "Society of Secrets" (which I recommend Googling)--it sure woke me up to the one thing I dreaded most.

Good thing my parents didn't start studying to become Jehovah's Witlesses then--three churches per week, plus field circus and having your whole life arranged by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Wow Wiz,

It just struck me how I never , ever played up!!

Immensely subdued inner self ! I'm wondering why I compressed all that inner feeling - but mmmmmmmmm?,

fear imprinting - godspeak and mumpower !!!! - but not necessarily in that order.

And my siblings watched how a female can manipulate a physically more powerfull male via restricted communication and fear!

No wonder I identified with circumstances which repeated the experience!!

• Perry
    Perry

I was always afraid my mom and dad wouldn't love me if I quit being a Jehovah's Witness. I no longer fear that because we both did.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Having been a JW do you find yourself less fearful of everything?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit