"The Word" Who is He? According to John

by BONEZZ 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Would that be John Ritter? John Wayne?

No, seriously I came across this WTBS booklet called that, from 1962...right after they introduced their new Bible translation. And they quote the one and only Johannes Greber on page 5. Look for it on Ebay soon. Is anyone familiar with this booklet?

Found a couple of others too...one from 1950 called "Defending and Establishing the Good News". it lists a bunch of their early court cases they won.

And, from 1955..."What do the Scriptures say about "SURVIVAL after DEATH"? Haven't read it yet but it looks like they are lambasting Jeanne Dixon, the famed Psychic.

Or from 1953, "Basis for Belief in a New World"...can't wait to sink my teeth into that one.

-BONEZZ

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I don't think the "Survival After Death" booklet had anything to do with Jeane Dixon. As you point out, that booklet was printed in 1955. Jeane Dixon didn't come to prominence until about 1964, when she gained fame for having allegedly predicted the assassination of President Kennedy in 1963. Spiritualism and occultism were gaining in popularity back then, and I think that's far more likely to be the reason for the booklet being published.

• cabasilas
  • BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Jeanne Dixon may have become "famous" in the '60's but she was quite well known to the WTBS before that. Under the sub-heading, "The Occult in Political Circles" it talks about Ms Dixon telling the future for Mamie Eisenhower for many years. I haven't read the booklet yet but it seems to devote a few pages to Ms Dixon...and yes I doublechecked the copyright date and it is 1955. Also earmarked for Ebay.

-BONEZZ

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember that booklet. It was released during my pioneering days, and I was big into studying. Had almost all the scriptures and arguments memorized--as if any of it really mattered. I used some of those arguments in field service, too. What surprised me is that some householders came up with arguments in favor of the Trinity I hadn't thought of.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This comes right out of the King James version at John 1:1. And I think it leaves little question who the Word is.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

WTWizard...

..."the word was God." Not according to one of the finest spokesman the WTBS ever had, Johannes Greber.

What's interesting is the booklet about "The Word" was published in 1962 and they quote the "former Roman Catholic priest", Johannes Greber (a known spiritist or is it spiritulist?)...when years earlier they have this whole booklet devoted to spiritulism printed in 1953. I have to go thru it and see if they had previously said anything about ol' Johannes being a ghost whisperer.

I know there had been other instances of the WTBS having slammed Johannes and then turning around and using his "Word is A God" testimony.

Hypocrites!

-BONEZZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit