Are Jehovah's Witnesses being obedient to Acts 1:8?

by Tino 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Tino
    Tino

The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the only true name for God is "Jehovah", and that the only way God's name can be sanctified is by calling God by his true name.To call God by any other name is to dishonor him.Since the Jehovah's Witnesses put an exclusive emphasis on the name "Jehovah', how can they honestly say they are being obedient to Acts 1:8? Keep in mind the insertion of the word "Jehovah" in the New Testament by Jehovah's Witnesses goes completely against what is found in the early manuscripts of the New Testament.

• Honesty
    Honesty

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the endsof the earth.

Acts 1:8 proves one fact...

Jehovah's Witnesses are apostates.

• yknot
    yknot

I think the good lil' JW response is that they are obediant since they preach both about Jehovah and Jesus in fulfillment of John 17:3 "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." (NIV).

• Tino
    Tino

If that's the case then Jesus would have said to be witness of me and Jehovah which proves that he is God!

• yknot
    yknot

Perhaps in your mind......

Frankly the trinity debate will rage until Acts 1:11 is fulfilled

BTW Tino after reviewing your postings.... I thought I would bring to your attention this is not a "pro" WBTS site.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit