Any amateur astronomers to explain these UFOs

by Zep 2 Replies latest social relationships

• Zep
    Zep

Ok, just now. From southern Australia I was looking at the sky after getting home at 11.00pm. I look up and theres one of those falling stars moving through the sky. Yeah, OK, nothin unusual. But then I notice theres 2 more. The 3 star thingy's form a triangle, are a bit bigger than the consellation of taurus ,and they are moving at uniform speed to the north. Weird.

Heres another one. I was going to ring the university or something at the time...but just couldn't be bothered. But anyway, in about the first week of May of this year at about 7:00pm I'm looking up at the sky near the Southern Cross and I notice this bright star, as bright as jupiter approx. It doesn't seem to be moving at all, it then quickly fades to a dim star and then moves directly south and dissappears?

Any idea what these things are? Just comets or what? Super Nova? Spaceships ha ha!

• Zep
    Zep

I just notice i've put this thread in the wrong damn forum too.

Maybe it's just the drugs

forget it!

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Ok, just now. From southern Australia I was looking at the sky after getting home at 11.00pm. I look up and theres one of those falling stars moving through the sky. Yeah, OK, nothin unusual. But then I notice theres 2 more. The 3 star thingy's form a triangle, are a bit bigger than the consellation of taurus ,and they are moving at uniform speed to the north. Weird.

Heres another one. I was going to ring the university or something at the time...but just couldn't be bothered. But anyway, in about the first week of May of this year at about 7:00pm I'm looking up at the sky near the Southern Cross and I notice this bright star, as bright as jupiter approx. It doesn't seem to be moving at all, it then quickly fades to a dim star and then moves directly south and dissappears?

Any idea what these things are? Just comets or what? Super Nova? Spaceships ha ha!

Well, I can't vouch for whatever it is you might be seeing, but "falling stars" are typically meteors entering the Earth's atmosphere and burning up from air friction as they fall. And this week is the time of the annual Leonid meteor shower, which is expected to peak in the early morning hours (EST) on this coming Sunday, the 18th. This year's display is expected to be an unusually good one. So, I guess it is possible you could be seeing the leading edge of that.

If you're interested, here's a link with more information: http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/space/20011106/sc/leonid_meteor_storm_when_where_and_how_to_watch_1.html

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit