child molestation

by edward gentry 5 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

since coming on this site about 3 weeks ago, I have noticed that there is a lot of recurring talk about child molesters/Jws.
    Why is this?
    Is there a high incidence of molestation in the Jws?
    Id appreciate some enlightenment on this.
    Ive never heard anything about it.

Serious inquiry.Seriously meant.

I do wonder...since leaving the JWs, I have met some very ...odd
    ex Dubs.

• larc
    larc

Edward,

For detailed information on this subject, I would suggest that you check the SilentLambs website shown at the bottom of this page.

• edward gentry
    edward gentry

silent lambs....lookin...
    Oh! Silent lambs, right!Got it.
    Thanks buddy.
    Came on here 3 weeks ago lookin for Dub info and havent managed to go anywhere else yet!
    Very addictive....

• ISP
    ISP

Hi EG! The main problem with the WTS is they have 2 witnesses policy...whereby any allegation is not taken any further unless there are 2 witnesses...which is ridiculous. Furthermore, the WTS do not involve the police...if they can avoid it! Check out the 'Scandal' forum.

ISP

• ChimpGirl
    ChimpGirl

Take a sexually repressed bunch of people, add more than your fair share of people from emotionally/psychologically disturbed backgrounds and your incidence of child abuse, of various types, is going to be above average. A culture of vigorous physical punishment can also tip over into other forms of abuse. NB This is not meant to insinuate that people with emotional and psychological problems are all latent child abusers!

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Chimpgirl!

I know 3 nearby congregations which have had problems with child abuse. It is too much for me! When I went to the memorial this year...my only meeting btw!....one that had just got out of prison was pointed out to me.

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit