The irony is not lost on me!

by hotspur 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hotspur
    hotspur

It has bothered me for a while now.... and it all stemmed from something I thought about during a DC some 6 years ago. Well, it was pretty boring! Hypocrisy.

How come, with all the flip-flopping that has taken place over the years about blood, it is possible to accept some fractions of donated blood. I mean, I don't know of a single witness that donates blood so how is it they can take what has obviously come from donated blood. It certainly seems like a double standard to me.

To my mind it stinks and is typical of how the WTS lives in "the world" and yet is no part of it! Isn't this a Christian maxim? Isn't it better to give than receive?

Grrrr!

• oompa
    oompa

DAMM STRAIGHT HOTSPUR!!! The entire teaching is BS as it only has to do with eating blood. The modern medical use has nothing to do with that. I can not believe they will not just come out and say, "do what you want...it is a concience matter, and prob nothing wrong with it btw".........And hypocritical in the extreme, and I had not thought of your great point! If JW's want to be so literal about the Bible, there is ONLY one thing supposed to happen to blood....it hits the dirt. Does the fractioned blood have dirt in it????..............oompa

actually two things about blood...Gods people are supposed to spill as much of it as possible from their enemies

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What I don't understand is why the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger has any rules against blood. They cannot donate at all, and they are supposed to only accept fractions. And, now the Embarrassment Card explicitly asks the witlesses to predetermine which fractions they are willing to accept (so Brother Hounder can "mark" them for accepting too many). I don't know how they are supposed to determine that in advance, since they could change if circumstances warrant.

I can't wait for blood transfusions to go obsolete (probably the day before the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger allows full blood transfusions and donations). That way, the risks go to zero, there is no longer a worry about wasting it on penny-ante conditions, and it no longer has to be stored.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

They simply have no argument what so ever about donating blood.

• crazycate
    crazycate

The changing stand on blood is one of the things that started me questioning. If blood is only to be poured out on the ground, how can we accept any part of it? Regardless of the rationale on fractions (something about what travels between mother and fetus, among other things). If it goes on the ground, it goes on the ground. Period. So then I started to think. (Oh-oh!) The society also once condemned transplants, comparing them to cannibalism. Now they are okay (or at least a conscience matter). But that doesn't mean we can sit down to a tasty dinner of someone's kidney (with a nice Chianti perhaps?). Eating an organ and transplanting an organ are two different things. So what about eating blood and transplanting blood?

Cate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit