The UN, What's the deal ?

by Free 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Free
    Free

What benifit did association with the UN really have ? Was it only to have access to the DPI.

If it was spritual warfare, like some claim. Wouldn't it have been smarter just to tell the members about the NGO status ? So it didn't make them look like freakin idots after 10 years of withholding the truth or should I say avoiding . The letter on the UN website clearly states what was required of ALL NGO's back in 1992.

What the hell were they thinking ? Sorry, That's has nothing to do humans not being perfect, like some claim but rather just ignorant. ( Like the Creator of the Universe is guiding these bone heads ) Yeah Right !!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't think I've ever seen a plausible explanation given either.

Strictly speculative: A first guess was acccess to UN programs and equipment (like maybe planes to africa or something??)

A second guess (and possible seen something written on this) is a means to legitimize the organization's classification to nations where the work is banned. Sort of a scam to show common ground with them rather than just appearing to be a Self-Serving American Cult.

Other than those two guesses, I have nothing.

A library card? Oh! Puh-lease. Not buying that for a minute.

-Aude.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Apostates from within Jehover's visible organization did it to discredit and humiliate the Filthful Slave that was appointed by Jesus in 1799

1874 1914...

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I believe it was political power, to join forces with other religious NGOs (similar to their alignment with Scientology over tax benefits in a court case). They need to influence governments to allow their work ("we're just good Christians here, no mind control cult practices going on, move along") and not tax them throughout the world.

Now...think Sir Norman Fry from "Little Britain" - can they explain with a straight face that they were reaching for a library card and their body parts just "fell in" to the Scarlet Beast?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit