Christians

by chrisjoel 7 Replies latest jw friends

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Its been a while since I've dwelled on things "religious"...and I guess im due. Im often curious when ppl insisting that a faith is necessary and raise the Christian eyebrow at anyone without Jesus in their heart.And further, that if I dont have any faith well, it s not they that will judge me its GOD. They are not the judges of anyone and they love me after all! oh..and God loves me too!. (Now i know why I lost intrest in the WTBTS). At any rate......for all the non judgmental Christians out there who love me, here's some food for thought. The point of which will become apparent....Lets say today you are a Christian. A true Christian . Someone who is not a member of a cult but who has a personal relationship with the Christ of the Bible. The time is today the hour is NOW. You are the part of the Body of Christ..ect..ect..Well. lets take a look where "We" were not too far long ago shall we.

with the passage of time....a little bit more time...still some more..........and .whew.....even more ...time...and...............here we are...

2000 yrs ago-Jesus is Born (lots of arguing)

Jesus starts a new religion..(lots of arguing)

The Apostlic Era-(lots of arging)

Paul-turns Jesus church into an institution..(lots of arguing)

and...then came wars...Rome and the Jews.......

then came the Gentiles...

then came a religion to die for...(.lots of arguing..)

then came the martyrs

but UTOPIA never came.....the end of the world never came...

so....., then came THE CHURCH....the hierarchy...

then came the heretics.....lots and lots of arguing...

that institution merged with the EMPIRE..c300..

But the EMPIRE fell...but the

Insitution survived...thus came dark ages...

then came the Monks/monasteries.....then came plagues, wars, ...collapse of Western Empire...

then came more controversy, shisms, .....

then came a Renaissance....

then a Reformation,...

Then came Science....technology...logic..

and ..then went Magic with myth...along with religion..

then came industry. pollution...ect..

But UTOPIA never came....no Rapture, No Armageddon..

So where are we now?...A quest to find out who Jesus really is...lots of books on "the historical Jesus"."lots of books on faith"..since in an age of science walking on water, being born of a virgin, or experiencing a resurrection after death are no longer sensible...

In the End we are back to the Start..we've come full circle...Had you live in previous centuries, you would be talking about Jesus, the way they talked about Jesus then. But this is just a gander at historical Christianity. ....the point is the message of Jesus in the Bible may not even be his message. No one today ever talked to him If Jesus words in the Bible help you fulfill a meaningful life and to deal with all the pain you may be experiencing in this world then I say this person's words are worthy of your attention. If you want to worship this person, by all means..IF you want to make this person your God. .by all means.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

you know jesus was very clever - he just said to the apostles "I'm going Now" didn't leave an address and neither did he say when he as coming back.

chrisjoel - I have a belief in god but not a conventional one. I think the bible is a book of analogy / symbols and the like. It has some good stuff to offer - nothing wrong with loving your neighbour as yourself and if people actually did live by that philosophy the world would be a better place.

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Yes, I agree. but....a lot has changed over the centuries having to do with christianity ...still we value our health and we value our family ..those things have stayed the same

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Amazing that the torah has stayed the same and the koran. yet christianity, man that has gone back and forward, up and down, thousands of religions have sprouted from it (under that umbrella anyway) and all came to be right.

• real one
    real one

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. He does not change. we must have patience and wait on him. In the meantime we believers will continue to glorify his holy name. We do not live on our time we live on his time.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Amazing that the torah has stayed the same and the koran. yet christianity, man that has gone back and forward, up and down, thousands of religions have sprouted from it (under that umbrella anyway) and all came to be right.

Do a little study on world religion. You will see there are a many branches of Judaism (a relatively small religion) and Islam as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judaism#Jewish_denominations http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divisions_of_Islam Burn

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel
    Jesus Christ is the same yesterday today and forever. He does not change. we must have patience and wait on him. In the meantime we believers will continue to glorify his holy name. We do not live on our time we live on his time.

Real ONe:.....Keep repeating "Because the Bible tells me so!" "Because the Bible tells me so, because the Bible tells me so......Seriously though, Good health to you my friend.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    It's a simple choice? Was Jesus who he claimed to be or even what the Bible claims?

Matthew 1:23 (New International Version)
    "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"[a]—which means, "God with us."

If this is true then we all need to pay special attention to what Jesus is saying.

I do believe it. Jehovah's Witnesses clearly do not. Their doctrine teaches Jesus is the angel Michael who God created.

All the best,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit