Book to learn to play guitar??

by Nicolas 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

I know it may sound strange to have a post like this in this forum but as I've always got good answer to my questions here and because I find this forum therapeutic, I ask you if you know a good website or a book to learn to play guitar? As some of you know, I have some problems with my self-esteem and I feel that if I do some developing activities like this, it will help me. And, finally I wish that I didn't made any faults because I still have some difficulties with my english...

• Seven
    Seven

Hi Nicolas, We talk music here all the time. Here are some links in a thread started by Zep. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15251&site=3#183741

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Nic,

I play guitar very poorly.
    But get a metronome and learn good timming and you will progress a lot faster.
    Timing is very very important.

If someone lived a trillion X longer than you, and had a billion X more reasoning ability would he come to the same conclusions as you?
  • Englishman
    Englishman

Nicolas,

Treat yourself to an electronic tuning device, usually around £10, so that your guitar is always in tune.

Learn to play 3 chords, A,D & G. If it's too hard, you can play a poor mans G by simply pressing the first string (the thinnest), on the 3rd fret down. Run your thumb lightly but firmly over all 6 strings, and listen to the sound difference as first you press that string firmly down, and then play the guitar 'open', without any strings pressed down on the fret. Just do each way alternately at different speeds and there you have a simple rhythm.

Your press down fingers may get a little sore for a while.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit