Apostate funeral

by Samuel Thorsen 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Have you ever been to an apostate funeral? What was it like? Was it in the spirit of the dead person or did the did the dub-family and congo "steal it" with their usual promotion talk and Kingdom melodies?

How would you like your own or your apostate family members funeral to be? Who should do the talk and would dubism be mentioned? What kind of songs? Worldly songs, Babylon the great songs og Kingdom melodies? Or a mixture of all genres ?(very provocative).

Please share your thougts. I have not been to a apostate funeral yet, but som time in the future it's going to happend and I may be in charge.

• Gopher
    Gopher

If someone is an apostate around here, the JW's won't even touch that funeral. It wouldn't be a very good commercial for the cause.

If I were in charge (or if it were mine), I'd gear it towards a more typical worldly funeral, with remembrances of the person who just passed away. I'd like a mixture of classical music and classic 1970's pop and rock music played at my funeral.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Wow... Hard topic... I don't know... I think I would say just cremate me and them all my friends just have a beer for me... I'll think about it and post again later...

CERTAINLY no JW bullshit though!

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Gopher:

I agree that a DF-ed or DA-ed person will not have a lot of dubs in the funeral, but we're a lot of faders with dub friends and family and som JWs will certanly show up.

• chickpea
    chickpea

it isnt exactly the topic, but i did go to a funeral of a dub who committed suicide ....... she had a history of instability ..... widow of an old school, very hardcore elder type who had been imprisoned in WWII for his stand........

i think an entire sentence was dedicated to mentioning that it is jehovah's decision to make regarding the ultimate status of the individual yada yada and then the infomercial ensued unabated.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit