First missed memorial

by metaspy 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• metaspy
    metaspy

This past weekend (as we all know) was the memorial for JWs.
    This year marked a huge step for me.
    I didn't go

Ever since my mom got baptized, I think I have gone every year.

when my mom asked if I went, I simply told her no.
    I had gone over my aunt's house and didn't attend the memorial.
    She gave me an earful, but I didn't find it intimidating.

[-passing another milestone-]

• Moxie
    Moxie

Congratulations to you for taking that big step.

I understand how hard it is especially when your family pressures you to go.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am glad you have the sand to simply reply that you had not gone. I didn't go a few years ago and felt I had to lie about it to avoid being grilled alive. Now that I am fading I have gone twice, mainly so my father in law can have a ride there, since his hypcritical pioneering wife neglects him even tho he is quite ill in favor of driving some sisters to the hall.....

• Deidra
    Deidra

Congratulations. Hopefully you truly don't feel guilty. I'm glad you didn't lie. You can't live your life for them forever. Release yourself and enjoy life sweetie. Lying means that you're not true to yourself. I'm glad you're one of the few who are able to stand firm in your decision. It's tough, good luck.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is the third time I blew off the REJECT Jesus party, and I do not regret it. In fact, if I never see those witlesses again, it will be too soon.

The first year I blew it off, I went out and bought a Ouija board. That way, not only I would not be doing anything for Jehovah, but He would get an extra slap in the face by my serving the Devil.

• metaspy
    metaspy

ROFL @ WTWizard!

I bought some powerball tickets a couple weeks ago, from the store right next to the local KH.
    I almost felt like taping some of them to the door.
    but with my luck it would have been a winning ticket.

It did feel good not to feel pressure.
    I went to my Aunt's house (on my dad's side, not a JW) and spent most of the night there.
    Thank you all for your support!
    I couldn't have made it this far without you.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Last year was the first year I didn't go. It was amazing what a difference it made with the ones I know as jws still. The looked at me with such suspician after that, kinda like I was dangerous.

If you ever want to test whether jws are a cult, try leaving them honorably. They won't allow it.

By the way, congrats. I know it wasn't easy. Some day I hope we all have our loved ones set free and it just won't matter anymore. A non-issue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit