Israelites and vast mixed company foreshadow the anointed and great crowd?

by truthseeker 3 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I though this was worth a separate topic.

The Memorial speaker said that when the Israelites left Egypt, a vast mixed crowd accompanied them.

This vast crowd were likely Egyptians who DID NOT observe the first Passover where blood was smeared on the doorposts.

The Israelites were commanded to do this by Jehovah.

This account parallels the two groups of Christians today - the anointed and the great crowd.

The anointed partake of the emblems, the bread and the wine.

The great crowd do not - they merely observe.

Have you heard of this teaching before?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I heard it when I attended Memorials in the '80s.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I must have been asleep then Leo!

I don't know how they can bridge several thousand years of history to make those connections.

Jesus was not teaching Paradise on Earth at this time, it was all "the Kingdom of the Heavens has drawn near"

The only earth bound phrase I have ever read in the New Testament was from Lazarus' sister, Martha, who said to Jesus: "Lord, I know he will rise on the last day."

Now, I don't know if that means an earthly resurrection or not and I don't know the hope of people at that time.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

There's an interesting conversation going on at E-Watchman's forum.......

http://e-jehovahs-witnesses.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=130

There was also a statement in the Illuminati article that the Society is basically just putting out a fabricated number as to the amount of those partaking. This raises a question for me: Exactly how many of the anointed has the Society disfellowshipped? The statement was also made that the Society seems to be maintaining a number of about 7,000 partaking. That is very interesting because of this scripture: 13 And in that hour a great earthquake occurred, and a tenth of the city fell; and seven thousand persons were killed by the

earthquake, and the rest became frightened and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Since the Society teaches that this was fulfilled in 1919 or whatever, I wonder why Bethel would keep the number around there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit