if your considering the memorial tonight, read this!

by burningbridges 6 Replies latest jw friends

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Just because I know it won't be read tonight, anyone who is going to the memorial this evening should seriously consider John chapter 6:53-57 before hand. Go ahead, research it in your little watchtower cd's... they will attempt to explain it away in with it's "broader" meaning and not its "literal" application. The truth is apparent to anyone with OPEN eyes, Jesus instructed anyone who wanted to have a relationship with him to participate in communion, (yes you do need to evaluate your heart as 1 corinth 11:27-29 says, but this was not told to prevent you from partaking if you were not "annointed" it was said to make sure you knew the seriousness of your relationship with Christ) The verses in John were not told to annointed ones, they were told to a crowd of Jews, the "John class", the "other sheep". You sure you want to pass that plate up? Let me know what you do.....

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Jesus instructed anyone who wanted to have a relationship with him to participate in communion, (yes you do need to evaluate your heart as 1 corinth 11:27-29 says

burningbridges - Yes I did the above and I did accept Jesus's invitation tonight, but not at the JW Kingdom Hall. I met with a few others at the home of one of them.

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

Maddie- good for you!!! i put that in one of my other replies on a different post, but I actually have other faders and dissasoc. ones coming to my house to partake tonight. It's still light over here in so we have to wait till nightfall, but hey, is that the SAME nightfall as nissan 14 nightfall? is it the same time? ha, dont care!!! Jesus knows my intentions....

• burningbridges
    burningbridges

bronzfest, thanks for posting those verses, i cant figure out how to copy paste on here and didn't have the patience to type them all out. Props to ya!

• yknot
    yknot

aah my unleavened bread is in the oven and red wine is chilling.......

We have our KH Memorial at 9 tonight.....plenty of time to partake and make an appearance as expected later tonight.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit