Does anybody have a print copy of the 15-Feb-2003 Watchtower?

by DanTheMan 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The reason I ask is because on the WT Library (2005) the second of the two study articles from that mag has a blurb at the end that I found rather bizarre:

[Footnote]

Published by Jehovah’s Witnesses but now out of print

What's that all about?? What does the original footnote say?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

The footnote in the bound volume says just that, and it is a reference to the quotation from Studies in the Scriptures in paragraph 8. Obviously, SitS had been out of print for many years before this article was written.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Actually, it was never published by Jehovah's Witnesses but by the Bible Students. The WTS got rid of Russell's stuff in the end of the 1920s.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Oh, i see, dur, I get it now...Thanks Neon. Haha I thought that it was indicating that the footnote in the original article had something to say but that the footnote was no longer "published". Move along folks, nothing to see here.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Various Bible Students groups still publish the Studies in the Scriptures volumes 1-6.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Though nearly all of the Bible Student organizations are separate from from the modern Jehovah's Witnesses religion, one of them is not separate. One is a legal entity that is a part of the Jehovah's Witnesses' operations and affiliated with both the Watch Tower and the Watchtower. It existed in some form in Br. Russell's time though it might have had a name change (see the Proclaimers book) - it is the International Bible Students Association (which no longer publishes Russell's nor Rutherford's books). Note that some publications of the WT (such as the 1984 NWT, 1985 edition of the Kingdom Interlinear, the 1989 revised Reasoning book, the 1980 Happiness book, and the 1985 Creator book [Life -- How did it get here?]) are copyrighted by BOTH the "Watch Tower" and the "International Bible Students Association" and/or JOINTLY published by the "Watchtower" and the "International Bible Students Association".

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Religious charlatans (WTS) publishing legalities

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW
    a

I have a revision to my prior post. Though older copies of the 1984 NWT say "International Bible Students Association" I notice that a copy which says "2006 Printing" (which made some changes to the original text of the 1984 edition) does not. I am no longer certain that the JW religion still uses an organization with the name of "International Bible Students Association", but I think it does. That association was, at one time at least, based in London, UK. See https://avoidjw.org/finances/ibsa/ for information about the International Bible Students Association.

https://www.friendsofjehovahswitnesses.com/2013/04/10/the-original-international-bible-students-association-still-alive-and-well/ gives a different (and shocking to me) view of the identity of the "International Bible Students Association than what I thought was the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit