A recent ex study phoned to invite me to the memorial

by strawberry cake 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

I have a friend,who I used to study with for quite a while. She was slowed down in her 'spiritual progress' because she had to work Tuesday nights. so couldn't get to all the meetings.This prevented her from becoming a publisher for many years. She had family abroad that she had to feed and finds it hard to find work as she is almost illiterate.

Well, since I included her situation in my many complaints against the WT she has been made publisher..even though she does not get to all the meetings. They did this, I believe to try and hold on to her, now that I have left. Well it worked,because she was very excited about being a publisher and phoned to let me know when she was having her questions and the results.( She said she can't shun me because Jesus said we must help the 'weak'.)

When I first left. She was devastated and cried and cried at my home for me to please come back. Today she begged me to come to the memorial. She said I have been so kind to her and helped her so much...and now I am not there. She said she feels weak and if it wasn't for her love for Jehovah she would leave the Organization.She was very upset.

I have tried to explain many things, but she does't get it. She thinks something has got hold of me. I feel sorry for her, because I was so full on before and encouraged her so much..Anyway I think she's finally got the message. I 'm not coming back. I still care for her and her family and hope she doesn't shun me. But what will be, will be. Any experiences like this?

xxx Strawberry Cake

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

SC

The sad fact is that these feelings of love will be squeezed out of her as she progresses in her association with JWs. Obviously, she values your friendship at this point. It might be nice if you sent her a note to express your appreciation for her concern. You could express your own feelings of how you value her friendship and that you'll always be there for her. It may not change the situation. But it might also plant a seed of doubt in her mind about the unchristian course of shunning and disfellowshipping.

Pahpa

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Today she begged me to come to the memorial. She said I have been so kind to her and helped her so much...and now I am not there. She said she feels weak and if it wasn't for her love for Jehovah she would leave the Organization.She was very upset.

That must of been heart wrenching for you! Have you decided what you will do?

lol

hope

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Thanks Pahpa
    Thanks Hope

I have spent time with her and explained that I am still here for her and that I can't stay just for her.
    I hope she knows I am still her friend.
    xxx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit