Totally Blown Away

by TrailBlazer04 7 Replies latest jw friends

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Hi all...

I started reading and posting here some years ago, as my stepchildren were being raised JW's by their mother, and at one time in my misguided life I had studied w/the JW's.

Anyway, time went by and we had less and less contact with the kids...UNTIL a couple of weeks ago. My stepdaughter J swung by the house and we noticed something VERY different about her. She was lively, talkative, fun!

Anyway, she called the other night and said something about "church" and "Easter". THEN she dropped the bombshell..."didn't I tell you? I haven't been to the Kingdom Hall in quite a while and have NO intention of ever going back". Needless to say we were completely blown away! She's a nursing student, a lifeguard, she teaches lifeguarding and swimming,

So...one's out...YAHOO!!! We'll keep hoping for the other one!

• Casper
    Casper

"Congratulations...!"

So happy for you and your family. Sounds like she has a full and happy life...

Cas

• Gayle
    Gayle

I am so happy for you. I too am so happy to hear when children raised in JW households leave to have a true, happy, educated, happy life, honest to their heart!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Excellent end to the story. I don't know the beginning, but the end is good enough that I want to know more details.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

nice to hear some good news!! There is hope.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

That is so great!

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

First...sorry for the double post...

We don't know the "whole story" of why she left...she's been seeing a young man who's a Christian...and we think he "rubbed off" on her. We truly don't care...She seems to have a plan and purpose in life now...I can just imagine the chaos though...her mother must be fit to be tied. We're planning to invite her and her boyfriend for dinner next weekend (we're out of town this weekend attending the family weekend for my son who's at army basic training).

I don't know if she was ever actually baptized...I don't think so. She wasn't really "into" the whole JW thing for quite a while, but actually leaving is more than we had hoped for. She seems to have shed the whole mindset.

More news as it comes available!

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

great news trail blazer; now your daughter is part of satans world. going to nursing school, and being a lifeguard,swimming instructor. and just enjoying life . sounds like she has a bright(new light) future. too bad the wts I mean joe-hoover now hates her. why be a lifeguard wearing a bathingsuit, and maybe save some kid from drowning at the pool when you could be out peddling wt mag's all hot summer long... jesus said the waters of life are FREE. ty for the good news

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit