Eden's trees

by dogisgod 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

I don't understand WHY god would put those two "special" trees in the garden with his/her brand spankin new unexperienced creation? Why didn't Satan tempt them with the "Tree of Life"? What a dope.

• Awakened07
  • Casper
    Casper
    Why didn't Satan tempt them with the "Tree of Life"? What a dope.

I love this thought, it never occurred to me...

Cas

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Goes to show what the imaginative mind can come up with, history is full of stories and fables, the bible is full of them, maybe the bible should have called the The history of Fables instead.

• 10p
    10p

To me, the genesis account encapsulates so many of the emotions you would expect from a species that has newly gained self awareness. self consciousness would be an early result ... which would lead to shame, as well as boasting. Trees were such an important everyday thing for a species that had only just come down out of them, and who still relied heavily on their fruits for food. and the sudden knowledge of good and bad ... especially the bad, coupled with the self-consciousness and shame, would require an explanation that involved evil. Why god didn't give man the knowledge of good an bad is because knowing about badness made man feel shameful. its like I read somewhere once: "in the beginning, man created god in his image"

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If we use our intellect to think up a better theory it goes something like this:

Since God got his angels in on the act of building the universe he trusted them not to take any short cuts and do as instructed.

His leading angel was giving out all the jobs etc like Satan had to maintain the number of electrons in all the elements in some way so when they were absorbed into cells and genes etc they would all do their stuff!

Satan had the master plan and saw how humans were gonna evolve and be into orgasmic procreation!

So he tweaked a few subatomic particles and watched the universe evolve without telling anyone what he had plotted!

Millions of years down the line - or maybe a day in God terms - who knows? - we see this outcome where people love to go with hormone rushes to a degree they prefer to kill people rather than share and live in harmony!

Women want their cup fuller than the next human and so go after guys who offer more! Women who get guys with much to offer feel happy and winning! Women who cant get guys with much to offer get depressed at having the guys with less to offer and with themsleves!

Men want to offer women as much as they can because that seems to be how hormones create orgasms! And so men with more to offer enjoy living and those with less get depressed!

So satan likes seeing wars and winners and losers!

But god wanted more compassion and no killing!

Now since god has allowed this reality to exist - has he not put many millions in an impossible situation?

And can humans not be allowed to sort some of thsi mess out to each others mutual benefit?

Everyone wants a good time! And there are lots of beautiful people as well of lots of not so beautiful people!

So lets all share together, teach the world to swing in perfect harmony and sip diet cola!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit