Preceding weeks' WT articles?

by nbernat 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nbernat
    nbernat

All I can say is WOW.

They are pretty much glorifying themselves (the GB and anointed that is) and putting unto themselves the names of a prophet and ONLY source for interpretation of the Bible. . .and get THIS:

WHATEVER THE HELL THEY DECIDE TO MAKE OF THE BIBLE IS LAW AND SHOULD BE ACCEPTED GOOD WILLINGLY!

Because they were named by the master Jesus Christ. . .

Oh, and though they didn't want to focus too much on it and went by it very briefly in a sentence or two in an unimportant paragraph, people can still become anointed in our times as the recollection is not over yet though it has "slowed down". . .

Maybe the GB is getting scared it'll die out before "The Great Day of Jehovah" comes?

Talk about a cult being led by some old men who get free vacations to practically every country in the world and power even Bush would envy.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Which WT are we talking about? Please point me to the edition. I'd like to read it.

• nbernat
    nbernat

It is the January Study Edition of 2008.

• nbernat
    nbernat

And try the last two or three articles, ALL about the anointed. They're like the new Christ.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

"Like they are the new Christ"
    Interesting choice of words.

Christ-O.E. crist, from L. Christus, from Gk. khristos "the anointed" (translation of Heb. mashiah, see messiah), from khriein "to rub, anoint," title given to Jesus of Nazareth.

For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.
    -Matthew 24:5

• Sarah Smiles
    Sarah Smiles

Hmm good points! They will always need people to partake until the end comes! kind of crazy!

Maybe someone can post the WT so I can read it! It sounds nuts!

Anointed only means people who partake. Hmm! In reality partaking only means that you remember Jesus Christ! Yes you agree what Jesus says and who he is the son of God! and that is not for some but all who believe!

It has nothing to do with entering heavens and belonging to a certain kind of flock, or group!

You are a smart one because it took me 35 years to understand that they are a little off in their writings. I can tell you are struggling! Hang in there!

Kind of hard to notice that the GB or 144,000 is taking the place of Jesus himself. I mean I went into such a shock because of that topic!

Your are right on with your reasoning! No one can take the place of Jesus!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit