anger

by orbison 8 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison
    orbison

last night i tried to log on but password wouldnt work after i sent a long long msg
    i was so angry
    so angry about what i had missed out as a dub
    i am a 47 year old woman,
    i lost so much to the org
    i am actually glad the msg didnt go through,,just venting i guess, but that is how i feel, i have been here bout a year,,i dont post often, but i am starting to get angry about what i have lost,,,family, experience, work experience, the real world etc,,,
    so i am post now,,but with much less anger:)

wendy d

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi wendy. long time no chat. you have every right to be angry about all the time and experiences you lost due to being a jw. understandable. however, the time you have now should be spent being thankful you have a new freedom and indulging in all the things you have missed out on in the past. dont lose any more time or energy to the org...

peace, bea :)

~smiling in a ruined age~

• DIM
    DIM

whenever I feel really angry, I listen to "anger" by Marvin Gaye. It seems to help.

• target
    target

Wendy:
    I have a lot of anger, too, but it is at myself for being such an idiot for 30 years. They couldn't have done this to me if I hadn't let them. I have a long list of things I am kicking myself for. Example: Hand making my sister-in-law's wedding dress. We have always been very close. And then not going to the wedding because it was in a church. KICK, KICK! That was over 20 years ago. In later years, I would have gone. When I was newly baptised I dutifully gave up Father's Day and Christmas only to have my father die shortly after.
    The opportunities and friendships that were passed up because they were "worldly" and worst of all, raising my son in that "I'm better than you" enviornment. Yes, I am grateful to be out now, but 30 years is a long time to waste.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hello Wendy,

You should know that you have a lot of company. I was raised in this belief system also, lost my extended family, the works when I left. Anger was about the only emotion I could feel but it was so uncomfortable for me to be angry all the time, I kept suppressing this and became as unemotional as possible. My new friends even called me Mr. Spock.

Eventually I got professional therapy. I sure wished I hadn't waited so long to have done this! I found out that anger is like mental vomit and we need to get it out of us, not suppress it. Further, the thing that gives birth to the anger is the tremendous personal pain we suffered. We need to release that pain, and while there are several ways of doing that, a qualified counseler or therapist will help you most here.

You might think that anger and pain won't effect you much in your life, but these will eat you up and rob you of any joy in your life. Be good to yourself and the same goes for you too Target and the rest of you survivors from the Borg...continue to heal yourself and get rid of your pain and anger.

Skipper

All great deeds and all great thoughts have ridiculous beginnings--Albert Camus

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Wendy

It hurts, I know. It must have been awful to lose your father after making the stand on fathers day and christmas. Im sure he understood though, people have told me since I left the JWs that they did understand why I was doing those things, they realised I thought I was doing the right thing at the time. You clearly thought you were doing the right thing, and all the things you did with your family etc were actually you showing you love them! Im sure they realise that now. Tell them how you feel now and that you feel angry to have been so "brainwashed" into doing illogical things. Im sure they will understand.

Do anything possible to rid yourself of the anger now (within reason!). Get in touch with a cult-counselling group. After all this loss and upset at the hands of the Watchtower, DONT LET THEM RUIN THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Use any means possible to move on from them.

Sirona

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Wendy,

Thanks for posting. It is now becoming clear to me why the Society feels constantly threatened. The fury they dread is of thier own making. They fear to the core the wrath of those rejected, left dead and bleeding at the side of thier narrow little road.

warm regards, unclebruce.

PS: Keeping the wagons in a circle isn't easy on the narrow winding road ;)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`m with you on this one Unclebruce!They have destroyed the lives of alot of people and now those people want the WTBS head on a post.With the introduction of the net we are able to send and recieve information.They can no longer keep their evil deeds a secret.They have good reason to be afraid,very afraid...OUTLAW

• toddy
    toddy

Hello Wendy,
    having never been a dub i can't really relate to your anger,i do have one question though,what would happen if you went back to your kingdom hall and stood up on stage and vented your anger,would you be allowed to do anything like that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit