$$$ How much do Bethelites get paid - Does it go up with inflation? $$$

by Witness 007 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I remember my Bethel friends trying to save every dollar...waiting for his "pay day" so we could go to the movies...but I don't remember how much it was per month, and how do you cope? What do Missionaries and Specials get?

• sir82
    sir82

Someone else can cover the Bethelite & missionary pay scale...

Special Pioneers in the US get $600 per month, prorated if they fail to make their time (130 hours per month for men, 120 for women). They also get various other non-cash perks (health care coverage, mileage reimbursement for driving to "theocratic" activities, etc.)

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Specials $150 a week wow bad! I remeber them writting down each mile like there life depended on it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last I remember, one got paid a paltry $80 a month to go to Beth Hell (and that was in the early 1990s). If that $600 a month for special pioneers is up to date, it is a pxxx poor wage, since one cannot live on that little in most parts of the country these days. And, with gas going toward $4 a gallon, $600 is not going to last the whole month.

Maybe if we were living in the 1790s, $80 a month would have been plenty for Beth Hellites, and $600 would have been plenty for special pioneers. But, the dollar has tanked significantly even in the past year--a dollar is worth only 4 cents today, and is going down every day. All the while, the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund is getting fatter and fatter by the meeting.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Do they pay the bethel hairdresser as well?

• Witness 007
  • Gayle
    Gayle

In the early 70s, Bethelites got $14/month & a small handfull of subway tokens.

My "Social Security Statement" shows my annual 'earnings' (value of boarding, meals, $14/month & tokens) was: 1970 - $837, 1971 $901, 1972 $968 and 1973 - $953. (Wish I could figure how to 'copy' that part on that statement here).

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

$113 3 years ago

• MOG
    MOG

how about the MAIN MEN sitting on top in bethel? anyone have scoop an how much they make..I know Rutherford was pretty loaded and had fancy cars..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit