Be a Religious Paramedic

by caliber 4 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

was recently in a web posting where the person did not want to know about my

Coping skills, which I believed I outlined very clearly, but my raw feelings about the provisions provided by the Wt, at the exact moment back in time when these events occurred.

The idea of revisiting and focusing on these things runs so very foreign to my thinking, makeup and psyche ,that it took me a few days to sort out my thoughts

The following illustration reveals how I feel about revisiting negative experiences so here goes the illustration………… I am a paramedic being asked this question. A person says to me I don’t want to know how well it turned out for your patient or your coping skills; but what were your exact raw feelings when after the crash you seen the mans leg shattered to pieces right before you arrived on scene? How can you deal with that horrible pain, suffering and death? My answer: Well for sure I don’t deal with it by direct focus on the terrible accident scene in front of my eyes. (There may be jokes told about looking for a lost limb and such) this of course is amongst the paramedics themselves not in public earshot. While these statements may seem shocking and crude to the public, they are coping skills that you must learn because some emotion must come out you must either laugh or cry. You must learn how to cope and rise above the present situation. NORMAL human emotion could hinder your clear, swift thinking and bring lasting harm to other victims at the scene.

Such I believe is the hurt and injury the Wt can bring. If we focus on the devastation and loss we may lose sight for our best possible action for this present moment in time. As in the death of a loved one, take time to remember the good things that you had. Grief and mourning is a natural step in the loss of a loved one but to wallow in grief for an extended period of time will cause further harm and problems to our lives. Control the things that you can control. Do not focus your reaction to this terrible crash scene, the death of your religious convictions, because indeed this is like a death.

Therefore I choose not to enter a dead end street of darkness and despair; But I do choose the light of hope and happiness.

Caliber

• Satanus
    Satanus

An observation and a question. First, the question. What part does a discussion board, such as this play recovery?

There is a slight difference between a paramedic helping a crash victim, and a jw experiencing belief death and exiting the jw org. The paramedic is outside the crash victims experience. In other words, while he may have to deal w the sights and effects, he does not actually experience the crash. The exiting jw is actually doing the experiencing like the crash victim, not like the paramedic who is doing the rescue.

S

• caliber
    caliber

My illustration may be very flawed, but I still hope it has a spark of redeeming value for someone .

What part does this board play in recovery ? I simply believe that hope is never out of place anywhere in this world

Caliber

• mouthy
    mouthy

I simply believe that hope is never out of place anywhere in this world

Caliber

WELL SAID....... Welcome

• caliber
    caliber

Even a child-like sand castle takes effort to build, yet it is so easily destroyed !

Caliber

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit