Has Jehovah (God) ever...

by civicsi00 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

...used false prophets or false prophecies to fulfill His purpose on Earth? Would Jesus approve of using false hopes/false expectations?

I ask this, not just to all here on this board, but to any lurking Witnesses.

Because according to the WT 10/15/54 QFR, pg. 638-9, about how they arrive at the "truth", they state:

"Even the erroneous viewpoints held by Jehovah's witnesses during the first world war served their purpose in contributing to the fulfillment of prophecy, for Jehovah had long ago foretold a condition of spiritual uncleanness upon his people at that particular time and the cleansing work that would be done. Hence such things are to be expected according to prophecy and their occurrence is a confirmation that this is Jehovah's organization, rather than a cause for raising question concerning Jehovah's use of the organization."

How in the h*ll do erroneous viewpoints "serve their purpose"? Also, from the Christian Scriptures, where is it foretold that His people would be in "a condition of spiritual uncleanness...at that particular time"?

If someone can please point out where in the Christian Scriptures Jesus used false hopes to encourage people to become his disciples, I will gladly retract my questions.

(BTW, how sneaky is it of them to state at the end that the question is NOT whether or not they are God's Organization, rather it's the question concerning "Jehovah's use of the organization".)

• Moxie
    Moxie

In my opinion this line of reasoning used by the Society is just a bunch of misleading propeganda. The Society has used reasoning like this before, this is not the first time.

In 1979 the Society was questioned about the fact that much of the New World Translation was based on the New Testimant by Yohannes Grieber. This was significant because Grieber himself was a member of the occult and much of the translation was under the direction of a confessed spirit medium and clairvoyant, his wife.

In response Charles T. Russel said the following: "A truth presented by satan himself is just as true as one stated by God." (July 1979 Zions Watchtower).

If this doesn't make you sick, or at least shake your head I don't know what will.

"Moxie"

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    In response Charles T. Russel said the following: "A truth presented by satan himself is just as true as one stated by God." (July 1979 Zions Watchtower).

Ya, but, just for grins, it's true. Think for a minute, a murderer may be a bad guy, he may be in prison for his actions, but it IS possible for him to speak truth. For example, he may say, the time is 4:32 P.M., and as you look at your watch, it is fact, 4:32 P.M. See, even though the murderer is a wicked person, he POSESSES the capability to speak verifiable truth. By the same token, he posesses the ability to lie.

Anyone can speak truth or a lie,....except Jehovah. It is impossible for Him to lie.

• Moxie
    Moxie

I agree with you BlackPearl :) I don't know about you but I sure get a weird feeling when I think about the NWT having been translated and collaborated by a spirt medium. Can you image the GB working with a clarvoiant on their most important piece of liturature. It's almost laughable.

"Moxie"

• MOG
    MOG

I personally believe so..who knows..I believe GOD has a plan that we are not fully aware of but here are some interesting verses. I use to at an early age asked my mom, if GOD is the creator of everything then he is the creator of good and evil (the tree of knowledge). I also believe that GOD knew that Adam and Even will sin, since he is all knowing (and of what I remember when done with his creating "all was good"), I also feel that he knew the angel that is now Satan will do what he did, considering that Jesus knew Judas will betray him beforehand..GOD DOES USE EVIL for his own plan..

"...I [GOD] will bring EVIL from the north, and a GREAT DESTRUCTION" (Jer. 4:6).

"And he said, I [the lying spirit] will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets... and He [GOD] said, ...GO forth, and DO SO" (I Kg. 22:22).

"O LORD, why has THOU MADE US TO ERR from thy ways, and HARDENED OUR HEART from thy fear?" (Isa. 63:17).

"...so shall the Lord bring upon you ALL EVIL THINGS, until he have destroyed you..." (Josh. 23:15).

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Would Jesus approve of using false hopes/false expectations?

Mmm... according to the Gospels he "used" quite a few himself...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit