March 17 #4 Talk - Nations Will Not Frustrate God’s Purpose Regarding Earth

by still_in74 7 Replies latest jw friends

• still_in74
    still_in74

Anyone else stuck ginving this talk this week? I have to give it tomorrow and I dont want to write it.

If you have one done can you post it here for me? OR - If you would like to write a talk for me here is the details.

Nations Will Not Frustrate God’s Purpose Regarding Earth (rs pp. 112—13 ¶5)

Year Text 2008 page 48 Theocratic Ministry School 2008

Earth

Definition: The term “earth” is used in more than one sense in the Scriptures. Usually we think of it as referring to the planet itself, which Jehovah generously endowed so that it could sustain human life with a view to making our lives richly satisfying. It should be realized, however, that “earth” also may be used in a figurative sense, referring, for example, to people living on this planet or to a human society that has certain characteristics.

Will planet Earth be destroyed in a nuclear war?

What does the Bible show to be God’s purpose regarding the earth?

Matt. 6:10: “Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth.”

Ps. 37:29: “The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.”

See also Ecclesiastes 1:4; Psalm 104:5.

Is there a possibility that, since the nations show little regard for God’s purpose, they might completely ruin the earth for habitation anyway?

Isa. 55:8-11: “[The utterance of Jehovah is:] As the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. . . . My word . . . will not return to me without results, but it will certainly do that in which I have delighted, and it will have certain success in that for which I have sent it.”

Isa. 40:15, 26: “Look! [From the standpoint of Jehovah God] The nations are as a drop from a bucket; and as the film of dust on the scales they have been accounted. . . . ‘Raise your eyes high up and see [the sun, the moon, and the billions of stars]. Who has created these things? It is the One who is bringing forth the army of them even by number, all of whom he calls even by name. Due to the abundance of dynamic energy, he also being vigorous in power, not one of them is missing.’” (The nuclear power developed by the nations is fear inspiring to men. But billions of stars employ nuclear power on a scale that is beyond our ability to comprehend. Who created and controls all these heavenly bodies? Can He not prevent the nations from using their nuclear weapons in a way that would hinder his purpose? That God would do this is illustrated by his destroying the military power of Egypt when Pharaoh sought to stop the deliverance of Israel.—Ex. 14:5-31.)

Rev. 11:17, 18: “We thank you, Jehovah God, the Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and begun ruling as king. But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time . . . to bring to ruin those ruining the earth.”

Thats it, from the reasoning book.

If you write my talk for me I will love you forever!!!!!!!!!

• sir82
    sir82

Conclusion:

"In short, do we need to worry about the nations engaging in nuclear war, thus killing 99.9% of the world's population?

Of course not! It's God's will to do such a thing. So he reserves the right to kill 99.9% of the world's population for himself - man cannot do what God has promised."

• Open mind
    Open mind

still_in_74:

"If you write my talk for me I will love you forever!!!!!!!!!"

(In paradise? On earth?)

;-)

Sorry bud. Each one must carry his own load. (Snicker, snicker.)

Seriously, this talk material isn't that bad, IMO. I don't think I'd have a last minute illness over this one.

Following the F&D Slave? Oh, yeah! Migraine and back spasms all at once!

OM

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the last time I had a talk. I blew off the whole thing. That was the last time I ever had a talk.

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Hey Still_In...

You may have stumbled on to a real money-maker....a sorta CLIFF'S NOTES FOR JW'S. Maybe Stoops would carry them. So you see, you're a JW and you don't have time to keep up with all the latest Wt's and Awakes and phamplets and books and talks and everything...you just order the appropriate corresponding CLIFF'S NOTES for the talk you have to give or the book that just came out...etc. Hell I woulda paid big bucks at one time.

-BONEZZ

• still_in74
    still_in74
    In paradise? On earth?)

;-)

Sorry bud. Each one must carry his own load. (Snicker, snicker.)

Seriously, this talk material isn't that bad, IMO. I don't think I'd have a last minute illness over this one.

hehe, nice.

Ya its an easy one but I am too lazy. I thought maybe some "apostates" would get a kick out of knowing they wrote a talk for the TMS !

Oh and yes, I will love you forever in the paradise. You can come over to my farm and we'll pound back some Corona's!

• still_in74
    still_in74
    You may have stumbled on to a real money-maker....a sorta CLIFF'S NOTES FOR JW'S. Maybe Stoops would carry them. So you see, you're a JW and you don't have time to keep up with all the latest Wt's and Awakes and phamplets and books and talks and everything...you just order the appropriate corresponding CLIFF'S NOTES for the talk you have to give or the book that just came out...etc. Hell I woulda paid big bucks at one time.

well i got my material above from the 2008 TMS I downloaded. Its awesome.
    I thought this kind of stuff was "frowned upon" but almost everyone in my KH has it printed and bound and brings it every Service meeting. I guess we could take it to the next level and actually write the talks instead of just pasting all the info from the CD ROM.... I'd buy a copy of that!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hey, how about the theme, "Nations Will Not Frustrate God's Purpose Regarding Earth, but Global Warming Might"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit