any1 from Burlington MA cong. here that just got d'f?

by cognac 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• cognac
    cognac

Heard what happened. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry and I think your a great person. PM me if your here...

thanks, Cognac

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

Sorry I have no information on this. Just curious, though...

Was it in the Burlington or Wilmington congretation that the Society removed the entire Body of Elders when the new elder arrangment was initiated in the 1960s? I remember hearing rumors of such years ago. There were many discussions at the time whether or not elders were directly appointed by "holy spirit." This event defeated the arguments of those who thought they were since all had been appointed then removed not by holy spirit but by a directive of the Watchtower Society!

• minimus
    minimus

IF those Halls had original elders deleted, they just about all got reappointed later on.

• cognac
    cognac
    Was it in the Burlington or Wilmington congretation that the Society removed the entire Body of Elders when the new elder arrangment was initiated in the 1960s?

Not sure, hadn't heard about it... i'll ask around and if i find out anything I'll let you know...

• cognac
    cognac

bttt

• Hermano
    Hermano

I know what you speak of, but I grew up in Boston, in a Spanish congregation.

Ahh, life before the Big Dig.....

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Cognac,

I am Apostinator's wife. He hasn't posted in a while, but I was from Revere Mass. I've been out now for about 11 years. I remember a brother in Burlington that I went to a star trek convention in Boston with a bunch of my friends. I think he may have married a sister I knew well in RI. Her name was Theresa Gravier--ring any bells? Were you in Burlington Mass. very long? I used to work there, but now I work in Boston and live just south of the city.

Sisteract

• cognac
    cognac
    Her name was Theresa Gravier--ring any bells? Were you in Burlington Mass. very long?

No, her name doesn't ring any bells... I didn't go there, just know some people there... I know some people from Revere... Don't like some of them, but, nonetheless know some people there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit