AIDS

by Tammie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Tammie
    Tammie

I was thinking back on something my sister, she is a JW, said to me. For some reason we had gotten on the subject of AIDS and Africa. We got to talking about how many people have gotten it and have either died, living with it, or are affected by it. I told her, that I heard on the TV how some countries over there have been really affected alot. One of the first things she said was, "I'll be glad when Amageddon comes, that will fix the problem." So I thought to my self fixing the problem, by wiping out people. Won't there be more people dead that way? I have seen photos of death and destruction. It is not a pretty site. But that is what she is looking forward...MORBID. Her solution to the problem is to kill every one off.

• individuals wife
    individuals wife
    "I'll be glad when Amageddon comes, that will fix the problem."

This attitude which I found quite prevalent in the 'truth' used to sicken me and was one of the reasons I was glad to leave. I remember picking up my mags and seeing pictures of abused kids, hungry kids, needy kids... battered wives, victims of violence, persecuted peoples and those truly in need. What was the organisations answer? Kill the lot of them, that'll solve the problem. Wipe them all out and then these problems will be no more. That to me was such an unChristian way of thinking. What is wrong with trying to help these people now? The JWs are just concerned with their promise and their reward - they feel that any attempt to help constructively would be futile and so they do not bother at all.

And to look forward to the death and destruction.... well, it shows a complete lack of humanity and love for fellow man.

• rekless
    rekless

This should not be a shock to you. The killing andf putting tp death of people who are not JWs is the mind set of all JWs. They have no respect for life. They are taught that if you are not a JW then you are worthless and you might as well be dead.

How many times have (they, we or Us, I or you)stood by and watched our family members pass away shed a few tears then say, "their name is far better at their death than at their birth."

It is not until one leaves the org. and has time to re-elavuate one's thinking does one start to see the inhumane and sick reasoning that the org. has made it's members accept .

I often think that being in a cult that has only one way of thinking is the cheif cause of lack of compasssion in and among JWs.,

If there is not any inculcation of princilpes of charity, justice, Brotherly love and fidelity to promote the welfare and enhancement of happiness of its members and to cultivate good fellowship and beleif in God not an organization then all is left is the idea that death heals all ailments, and this is said without any feelings of reget or sorrow.

I remember saying some very stupid things when I was a witness. Things I blush at today and wish I could ask for forgivness.

All we can ask for with your friend is that one day she will awaken to her attitude of self-righeiousness.

rekless

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

"Someone's sick? Death will cure what ails 'em!"

{grrrrrrrrrrr}

• ISP
    ISP

Hey Tammie, Armaggedon is the WTS solution..for everything...even the tragedy of street children.

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=3135&site=3#39765

ISP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit