Freedom fighters

by Anti-Christ 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

My sister in law has confessed to me that she no longer believes that the WT has the truth.

I would like for here to start to look at what we old apostates have to say about the WT but I feel that she has a little bit of fear in here.

I was thinking of using a illustration to help her get rid of this fear. I would like to hear your opinions.

Imagine you live in a country like North Korea were every thing is controlled and you have to obey and agree with what the leaders say . All the information that you have access to is filtered by the government, free thought and individualism is crushed. You are unhappy in this land but you are afraid to leave because of the consequences you would face. You discover a group of people that are freedom fighters, they help people who what to leave the country. They provide information that exposes the lies and manipulation the government uses to keep the people in fear and under control. Now how do you suppose the government would treat these freedom fighters? I think that the government would consider them as terrorist and they would tell the people that they will be punished if they read or listen to what they have to say. The government would also say that what the freedom fighters are saying are all lies.

So what do you all think? I think that this might help here understand that what the WT calls "apostate" are really just people trying to expose the lies of the WT and the WT are trying to scare the R and F into believing that these people are some kind of evil terrorists.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Anti-Christ....Excellant analogy my friend! Run with it but keep up-beat about it with sis. I have printed your words fro my own future aplication.

NMG

• carla
    carla

If your sister has doubts already she may be able to see the analogy between communism and jw's. Tried that on my jw and he (diehard) thought it was silly because the worldly governments don't have jah's blessing like the wt does. What else would a diehard jw say.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ....Excellant analogy my friend!

Thanks.

If your sister has doubts already she may be able to see the analogy between communism and jw's. Tried that on my jw and he (diehard) thought it was silly because the worldly governments don't have jah's blessing like the wt does. What else would a diehard jw say.

I know that this would only work with somebody who is doubting the WT but a die hard JW would be forced into circular reasoning to go around this one. "Why do you believe the WT has Jah's blessing?" JW: " because they say so" Btw it's my sister in-law who is having doubts, my sister has been out for a long time, before me, she was never baptised.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just a little heads up, I'm sure that she could be convinced that we are freedom fighters, but your name of anti-christ just might spoil the party. W.Once

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Just a little heads up, I'm sure that she could be convinced that we are freedom fighters, but your name of anti-christ just might spoil the party. W.Once

She does not know my name here but she will find out eventually.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Sounds like a good analogy to me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit