Conversations with a Walgreen's girl

by lookingnow25 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

Looking : What do you think? Should I just do it?
    Cute Walgreen's Girl : I don't know. It's a personal decision.

L : Well, I know it's a personal decision, but I need some neutral input. My family and friends are all very against it.
    CWG : What's the worst that could happen? It'll either be a great choice, or a monumentally stupid one.

L : The worst? Well, my family and friends could shun me entirely!
    CWG : That seems a bit extreme. That won't last forever anyway, it's not like it's permanent.

L : It could be. What if I stick with this choice forever? The way I see it, it will save me time, money, and hassle.
    CWG : But it could also get you made fun of and called names, or people will avoid you like the plague, probably temporarily though.

L : So you are all for it?
    CWG : Yeah, I think so. It seems like there are more upsides than downsides.

L : (Thinking) (Strumming fingers) Alright, thanks for the help.
    CWG : So you are going to do it?!? You're braver than I would be. That'll be $11.90.

L : Sweet, thanks.

At that I took my hair clipper kit and came home to cut my own hair.

HAH! I bet you that that conversation was about something else entirely! Now I just have to wait and see what the wife thinks when she gets home from the serve-us meeting.

Looking

P.S. - The preceeding conversation was embelished for comedic and dramatic effect.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I particularly enjoyed the drama

CWG : So you are going to do it?!? You're braver than I would be. That'll be $11.90.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

L. you're bad!And that was funny.

Snoozy...

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Definitely worked

The preceeding conversation was embelished for comedic and dramatic effect

hope4others

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You know whatever happens, we'll always be here to support you!

(Unless of course you come out looking monumentally stupid. Then we'll make fun of you and call you names! But only temporarily...) ;-)

Thanks for the laugh!

Dave

• Gopher
    Gopher

Didn't you ever hear that he who cuts his own hair has a fool for a barber?

• dinah
    dinah

That was funny!

Good luck! Try not to gap up your head.

• lookingnow25
    lookingnow25

I'd say it turned out pretty good! I couldn't get the back perfectly even, but whatever. This decision probably falls somewhere in between monumentally stupid and brilliant. I'm sure I'll get a few giggles and chides for the crooked back, and the uniform look, but whatever. "I'm made of rubber and you're made of glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you!"

Looking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit