Every JW Parent should watch Juno.

by jefferywhat 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

What a great film on how good parents should react.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I saw the film and agree the dad and step-mom really LISTENED to Juno and helped her through the process, instead of spouting judgmental phrases at her.

I think those type of parents are outstanding by any standard. Not only JW parents but others as well would see a good example of communication, trust and problem-solving there.

Most of the loyal JW's would be put off, rather than allow themselves to be entertained, by a movie that has as its premise how to deal with an unplanned pregnancy.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I agree completely. I had the same thought watching Juno. Actually I thought every parent should see it, witness or otherwise. Hells yeah.

However, I'll see your Juno and raise you a Persepolis. This is the story of an Iranian girl (the family is Muslim. Liberal Muslims, but Muslim), whose family sends her to live and go to school in Europe to escape the dangers of the Iran/Iraq war. She ends up trying on a much more western lifestyle than her family would want, and then later falls on hard times. When she calls her parents to bring her back home to Iran, she says on the phone "please don't ask me anything". They agree to that stipulation w/o hesitation. That scene immediately struck me as something witness parents could learn from.

• scotsman
    scotsman

It seemed a good template for lots of parents. But some JW parenting's a little closer to that in There Will Be Blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit