Chuckling at Simon's thread.

by LoneWolf 9 Replies latest jw friends

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

"Little things that annoy. . ."

Now, you sweet innocent ones aren't supposed to read this now, okay?

Simon wrote as one of those things that annoy:

People who say "I saw that!" when by coincidence an attractive woman walks by as you happen to be practicing safe driving techniques and checking your mirrors

Did that bring back memories!

One day my wife and I (we've been married 41 years) were driving down main street when we both spotted this gorgeous little slim thing tripping on down the sidewalk. Yessireebob, she looked like she was straight out of Hollywood. I doubt that she weighed more than 100 lbs.

Me, I kept my eyes straight ahead like a good little boy, but I knew darn well my little gal was watching me like a hawk. After we got past, I glanced at her with an ornery look in my eyes and drawled: "Darlin', I wouldn't dare."

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Why not?" She asked.

"Wal, heck, sweetheart, if I ever trying makin' love to a little gal like that, I'd go clear through her!!"

My wife laughed until the tears were rolling down her cheeks. To this day (about 8 years later), whenever we see a little gal like that, all I have to do is turn slowly and look at my wife and we both crack up.

LoneWolf

• Simon
    Simon

I want to know what the sixth sense is that women have. Even if you are incredibly sneaky they still know.

Angharad has just told me it's because she knows what type of women I find attractive and can tell whether I'd be looking or not !

• think41self
    think41self

Lonewolf and Simon

This is so funny. Yes, we do have a sixth sense about these things. Yes, we know what kind of women you find attractive, and we can even tell when you're trying your hardest not to look.

Lonewolf, your response to your wife was hilarious, but still put things in perspective. In my relationship, there are only two reasons looking would be a problem. 1. If he looked at other women with his tongue hanging out and making comments about their anatomy(which is low class and he doesn't do) 2. If I had an insecurity problem (which I don't). It is perfectly natural to look at beautiful things...people included. I notice beautiful women...why shouldn't he? Like I said, the difference is in the way he looks. Admiring something beautiful is not the same as wishing you could jump their bones.

So you guys...just keep looking all you want. Just do it with some style and class...and don't mind if she does the same thing.

think41self

Holy Flying Screaming Buddha, Batman!

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Lonewolf and Simon,

Now this is what I call a 'deep' thread!

Yes Lonewolf we cannot get away with anything, our women KNOW they just do. So resorting to filmed sunglasses, turning your head to check traffic in the rear view mirror, reaching over the backseat, changing lanes, are all mere ploys...women KNOW what we are doing.

So Simon you bring up the real issue; What the Hell is this six-sense thing anyway? Do they get critical obeservation training in grammer school, maybe those 'homemaking classes' we male type so studious avoided, were in fact, classes on how to catch your man's subtle signals.

I had a girl friend who really topped it all in this regard. We were playing pool with some friends in a bar, there happened to be a picture of some gorgeous blond posing nude, just above the the pool table, I had not noticed it at first, when it was my turn to shoot, I looked up and saw it(the picture) and paused ever so slightly to view the gorgeous print. When I finished my shot and returned to the ex-girlfriend..she came off the floor with a well rounded SLAP to my left cheek. I wore a red mark for the rest of the evening.

I swear my total viewing time was no more than 2-3 seconds. Believe me this girl was a candidate for a picture of her own, but must have had just enough wine or beer, to have the sixth-sense overpower her normal reactions.

Maybe I had to much of a twinkle of passion in my eye's?

Danny

• teejay
    teejay

I just wish these insecure women would just lighten up a little bit and let boys be boys. They know we're gonna look and that it don't mean nuthin'. Dang.

(please see my "sexism" thread that touches on this topic: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=15460&site=3)

• Simon
    Simon

I guess I make far too many comments about things like this and it becomes a sort of cycle ... I gorp at a beautiful woman this makes Angharad feel insecure so she watches for me looking which I do more sneakily which makes her more suspicious etc...

I guess making comments like "phoar, I wouldn't kick her out of bed!" doesn't help eh?

I like to think that I look because I admire the female form (do you think she'll believe this? no... me neither!)

- Simon
    (of the living in fear for his testicles class )

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Simon,

***(of the living in fear for his testicles class )**

First let me say, when the owner of this board (especialy being an admitted techie) make a mistake with the emoticons, it just makes me feel better. Believe me it makes us guys who still utilize the above *** to deliniate quotes, very happy...)

I think the "fear for his testicles" has been far more effective, in thwarting male daliances, than any scriptural admonition to keep 'your member' in your pants. Just jmho. HeHaa

Danny
    watching out for his own testicles and member class

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

OOOppps,

When I first copied your comment the emoticon did not show. Whatever happened it is beyond me. Oh well whats new.

DB

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I have to say I approach this from another angle (one which my girlfriend shares).

What the hell does it matter if I look at another woman?

Obviously, if someone is gawking and leering, this could be offensive - to the woman being leered at if not anyone else. But a casual glance or look? If there is history of being unfaithfull, it might be reasonable for someone to be offended.

My dad might still be a dub, but he gave me two good pieces of advice about women. One was 'You can look at the flowers but don't eat them'. The other one was 'Look at the mothers'.

The first one is the point really. For all this talk about how a woman might feel insecure if her man looks at another woman, how about the man feeling as though he isn't trusted enough to look at another woman? We are talking about looking at something pretty. Wow! Major crime!

If a guy's faithfull and loving and attentive, what the HELL does it matter if he looks at a woman he finds attractive? Does any woman seriously think that turning ones' head as an attractive girl walks by means the man will copulate with her given the chance?

I'm not saying some guys wouldn't, given the opportunity. But if a woman is with a guy like that, what about when you are NOT there? Why are you with him ANYWAY?

I think it's a double standard. Maybe it is because many men are unsubtle; I don't think any woman will claim never to look at attractive men, it's just they are more subtle.

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• Simon
    Simon

I'm an expect at being unsubtle ... I do wind Angharad up a lot and probably make things worse for myself. I've never been unfaithful to her and don't intend to (I have permission off her for Britney though, LOL)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit