Finding old friends

by dinah 3 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

An old friend from high school found me on Myspace. Actually she's been a friend since 2nd grade. She's still crazy. She's cracking me up! Anyway, life got busy for us but we are going to get together and hang out very soon.

She told me something I never thought I would hear. She says I was waaay cool in high school. It was my choice of music and my aloofness. I always thought I was just a geek. Maybe she thought me having my own personal drummer to dance to was cool. I have no clue. She probably had no idea about the religion thing. I mean she knew what I was, but I kept that crap on the DL in school!

Another friend found me that same day. He just retired from the Navy at 39, and is living in Texas. He'll be coming home in May and we're going to get together. We weren't that close, but if we ever had to sit in alphabetical order he was always directly across from me.

Anyhoo, I just thought it was neat.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Good for you dinah, it will be good to see old friends long remembered but not seen. I want to try and meet up with some of those i was in the service with years ago. I still keep in touch with some of them but just haven't gotten together with them.

• magoo
    magoo

.....it's always fun to see people from your school days. i was able to return to new mexico in 2000 for my 30th high school reunion.....couldn't beleive how old all my friends had gotten. of coarse.....me......i hadn't aged a bit................

magoo

• free2think
    free2think

That's really great Dinah. It's really nice re connecting with old friends, especially ones you really clicked with.

I found a whole bunch of people i grew up with from the kh, (they left young) and from school on facebook. It's cool being able to catch up and not have any barriers anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit