Memorial Invitation in the mail box

by JH 5 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Yesterday, the JW's left an invitation in each mailbox in this apartment building. I looked at mine earlier this morning. There is a picture of Jesus and lots of text I didn't read, then the hour and address of the Kingdom hall. An they also put the time of the Sunday meetings, hoping some would be interested.

I showed the invitation slip to my mom, who is Baptist, and she said, "since when do the JW's put emphasis on Jesus like that"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As of 3/11, I still haven't received mine. If I do, it will go right from the mailbox right into the shredder.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Where I'm from, it's a criminal offense to leave something in the mailbox without proper postage.

JH, is that true in your part of the world too? If so, you could have a lot of fun if you tell the local postmaster what happened.

• kls*
    kls*

If they stuck that trash in my mail box and without postage, i would be flying down to the post office and file a complaint

• JH
    JH
    Where I'm from, it's a criminal offense to leave something in the mailbox without proper postage.

They put Restaurant advertisements every now and then in my mailbox as well as Catholic church leaflets, so I guess the JW's are legal.

This morning I also had Mc Donald coupons

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Mine was left in my front door. I was so hoping for my yearly elder's visit, but they took the easy route and just left the invite in my door. The kicker was that I was home, they just did'nt knock! Maybe before they knocked they sensed my apostate intentions and decided against talking with me.

Maybe posting under my real name has finally caught up with me :-) Oh well, there is always next year.

P.S- Dear Elders, I still live in the same house as before, the one that says "Capeletti" on the front door. You are welcome anytime, you don't need the memorial as an excuse. Please join me for some friendly banter and explain to me why 1914 Generation Teaching has changed so much in the 10 years I have been away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit